Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Time for some clarity please

Post by mol2 »

I think the CEO put it very clearly.

There are no the funds and the entire first team squad have taken a 25% pay cut with the possiblilty that half of that may return when the finances have been turned around. The shut down has cost the club about £5000000 so far in lost revenue.

All but 5 players accepted the deal.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

mol2 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:03 pm I think the CEO put it very clearly.

There are no the funds and the entire first team squad have taken a 25% pay cut with the possiblilty that half of that may return when the finances have been turned around. The shut down has cost the club about £5000000 so far in lost revenue.

All but 5 players accepted the deal.
Allegedly, Taufua has been reported in the media as leaving, bringing it to six.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

More updates needed about the players not staying

Post by Ian Cant »

With lots of rumours circulating in the press about Tigers having to pay Manu, TV, Bateman, Reid, Eastmond And Taufua because they have contracts, hopefully the club will soon give another “update” on the situation.
The Mail has intimated the Tigers will have to pay the players or make up the difference in salary if the players leave for other clubs which could result in “bargains” being had!
Hopefully Tigers’ Legal Team has got things right!
Again, surely Mr.Tom will make a statement to( I’ve requested this in another post) offer the fans some clarity!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: More updates needed about the players not staying

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

You mean you want them to update us on players confidential contract details?

Not. A. Chance. Quite rightly so.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

As the CEO, Andrea Pinchen, said last night, Tigers are disappointed that this is being played out in public. Contracts and salaries are confidential and negotiations were ongoing. Appreciate that fans are interested but some things have to remain private. We have no right for a running commentary.
A statement was planned when the process was complete but rumours forced an LTTV interview.
It will be summarised when complete, am sure.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: More updates needed about the players not staying

Post by Mark62 »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:37 pm With lots of rumours circulating in the press about Tigers having to pay Manu, TV, Bateman, Reid, Eastmond And Taufua because they have contracts, hopefully the club will soon give another “update” on the situation.
The Mail has intimated the Tigers will have to pay the players or make up the difference in salary if the players leave for other clubs which could result in “bargains” being had!
Hopefully Tigers’ Legal Team has got things right!
Again, surely Mr.Tom will make a statement to( I’ve requested this in another post) offer the fans some clarity!
Would you want your personal financial details and those of your family plastered over the internet, I wouldn’t think so for 1 second