Time for some clarity please

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Time for some clarity please

Post by Ian Cant »

As there are so many rumours flying around about Tigers and contract negotiations please could Peter Tom and the board make a statement, after consulting all players, coaches and staff, about the situation.
Like others my wife and I, despite being on a pension, have decided to donate our possible refund on the rest of the matches on our season ticket, so would like to know what the contract negotiations consist of.
Are they like the Sale situation, reduced salary but longer contracts?
Thanks in anticipation.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Time for some clarity please

Post by jgriffin »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:30 pm As there are so many rumours flying around about Tigers and contract negotiations please could Peter Tom and the board make a statement, after consulting all players, coaches and staff, about the situation.
Like others my wife and I, despite being on a pension, have decided to donate our possible refund on the rest of the matches on our season ticket, so would like to know what the contract negotiations consist of.
Are they like the Sale situation, reduced salary but longer contracts?
Thanks in anticipation.
Assume you emailed it?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

So LTTV Friday-----GM "If the players are disgruntled they wouldn't be training as hard as they are doing, breaking sweat, vomiting through the effort" ( paraphrasing )
+ " We are talking to all the guys and working through things on a personal basis"
" The media are making something out of nothing"( again paraphrasing )

So - No story ....every thing is fine -????????????

What breaking story ( fiction or non fiction ) will we hear after Tuesday????????? :smt017
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The club has resorted to replace clarity with spin. So if it comes it will be after the smoke has settled.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We are literally going to find out in around 24 hours about the rumours.

I would 100% like an explanation but am not expecting it to happen till at least after it's over.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 pm The club has resorted to replace clarity with spin. So if it comes it will be after the smoke has settled.
How has the club been using Spin ??
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The Club in my opinion have been dealing with it behind the scenes whilst acknowledging that there are players still in talks. The Club has not played this out in public.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 pm The Club in my opinion have been dealing with it behind the scenes whilst acknowledging that there are players still in talks. The Club has not played this out in public.
Agreed. Hence my question where have been using Spin.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Would concur with the opening post.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Until negotiations with players are concluded and everyone involved is happy for it to be made public, I feel it would be completely inappropriate to make any public announcement.

While we as fans are a huge part of the club, we do not own the players and we do not have a right to be privy to what are private discussions between employer and employee.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:34 am Until negotiations with players are concluded and everyone involved is happy for it to be made public, I feel it would be completely inappropriate to make any public announcement.

While we as fans are a huge part of the club, we do not own the players and we do not have a right to be privy to what are private discussions between employer and employee.
Absolutely. :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:34 am Until negotiations with players are concluded and everyone involved is happy for it to be made public, I feel it would be completely inappropriate to make any public announcement.

Unfortunately those who are leaking "updates" are following a different agenda and risk compromising progress.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agree 100%
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

100% sure that a further lockdown and a possible delay will hinder the process.
What impact will SB arrival ( in person) have on process if any ?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Those rumours have been on the Red Bull again! :smt051