Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Matt Scott

Post by ABClub »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/matt-sco ... cockerill/

A sobering read at times in terms of how his time at Edinburgh ended but some positive stuff about moving to Tigers. I live in Edinburgh these days and attend their games frequently. Scott was brilliant last season at Edinburgh and from what I've heard Cockers was very unhappy to lose him. Given that Scott was lost so they could replace Simon Hickey with Jono Lance, a contract that's now fallen through I imagine Cockers is currently incandescent.

Also confirms that he's already moved South, he and his wife are getting the house set-up ready for the arrival of their first child. :smt041
“The money that Leicester were able to offer initially wasn’t good at all, but I didn’t have anything, and I just was really taken by what they had to say about me and the club, how they have been underachieving but have recruited really well off the pitch with [former Springbok strength and conditioning coach] Aled Walters, Mike Ford, and Steve Borthwick, whose view I really liked.
There's inevitably a lot of uncertainty with the squad for next season currently but I think Scott is a brilliant signing given how poor our midfield often was last season. Having a player like Scott outside Ford with Manu and Nadolo running lines off them is something to get excited about.