Season Tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

charleypendery

Season Tickets

Post by charleypendery »

Hi Everyone, I am born & bred in Leicester although I live out of the county now, a life long Tigers supporter, now I have a little more time on my hands I intend to finally purchase a season ticket, I would welcome your advice as to the best area, I was thinking back of the Crumbie near to the centre line ?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Noggs »

Clearly this is a question of personal preference and depth of pocket.

The Crumbie is in line for redevelopment at some point in time but no doubt the current situation will have put back plans for a number of years.

The 10k seater H&B stand is comfortable. My own preference is to sit about, say, 15 to 20 rows back so that you are reasonably close to the action but high enough to see over players in the foreground. I also prefer being between the try line and the 22 which gives you a good view of half of the scores (in theory) with the big screens showing scores at the other end of the ground. It also gives you a better feel for lines of running than you get when seated near the center line.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

My seat is in block O row M which has a very good view and the added advantage of seeing the coaches reactions to what’s going on on the pitch :smt003
A2O
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

My wife and I tried the H & B stand a couple of times and found it lifeless, concrete, lacking atmosphere, we sit in the Crumbie, wooden floors that resonate when stamping your feet, great atmosphere, but you will need to buy a cushion to sit on! :smt052 :smt038
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I am similar to Noggs. H and B a few rows back gives a good view. We are between half way and 10m line. If your first choice turns out not to your liking come renewal time, Tigers do a "movers and shakers" week whereby existing season ticket holders are given early/preferential option to change seats before they go on general sale. H and B also means you get a good slot to watch Rock Bottom and gets all the noise coming from the Crumbie 🤣🤣
As Good As It Gets
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

I was in the Robin Hood stand for three seasons, but was always jealous of the noise coming out of the Crumbie! Now sat in block O and we love it. Seats (well benches) are a bit less comfortable, but more than makes up for it in atmosphere. Plus being wedged in means you keep a warmer in the darkest depths of a Feb evening game! Also seeing the teams run out and back in in the tunnel beneath the stand when the level crossing gates shut is a highlight for my kids, and the bars are quite nice, good atmosphere, you can even sit and have a pint.
I did try the H&B stand but much prefer where we are now.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Welcome back Charleypendery.
Yes this was the question I faced many years ago and my friends were in the Crumbie Terrace for years before my legs gave way! It depends if you prefer watching the game left to right between the posts or from behind the goalposts. I opted for the great Crumbie stand as unlike the terrace I have never been soaked in there. I often watch those in the CAT / H&B getting rained on and thinking Angus that was a wise move..Yes the Crumbie seats are wooden and need a foam cushion but the warmth of the fellow Tigers, the foot boards and the atmosphere is something I really miss in isolation.
As has been stated before the "movers & shakers week" allows you to view the pitch and avoid the steel supports but the ticket staff were really helpful when I upgraded and showed me personally the area but I think those days have gone for a bit. :smt023
Stay safe....
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Nothing beats the Crumbie terrace but again it's down to personal and financial preference.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I am not on commission for the H and B honestly!! But on the issue of getting wet that is an additional reason why you need to be at least 12 rows back; from that point on you stay pretty dry apart from the occasional gust
As Good As It Gets
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:47 pm Welcome back Charleypendery.
Yes this was the question I faced many years ago and my friends were in the Crumbie Terrace for years before my legs gave way! It depends if you prefer watching the game left to right between the posts or from behind the goalposts. I opted for the great Crumbie stand as unlike the terrace I have never been soaked in there. I often watch those in the CAT / H&B getting rained on and thinking Angus that was a wise move..Yes the Crumbie seats are wooden and need a foam cushion but the warmth of the fellow Tigers, the foot boards and the atmosphere is something I really miss in isolation.
As has been stated before the "movers & shakers week" allows you to view the pitch and avoid the steel supports but the ticket staff were really helpful when I upgraded and showed me personally the area but I think those days have gone for a bit. :smt023
Stay safe....
My daughter and son in law have had to move their seats in the Crumbie after being subjected to repeated verbal abuse by not so warm senior supporters who should be ashamed of their language and behaviour. They are still undecided if they should renew their season tickets as a direct result.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 pm My daughter and son in law have had to move their seats in the Crumbie after being subjected to repeated verbal abuse by not so warm senior supporters who should be ashamed of their language and behaviour. They are still undecided if they should renew their season tickets as a direct result.
That's awful - has no action been taken? I assume they've reported it?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sorry to hear your daughter and son-in-law had abuse hurled at them.
Report such things to the club.
We sit in the stand opposite the main shop end(Mattioni Woods Stand).
We have sat with the same fans for many years: about15-20 on the back row and row in front; great banter, mixed age group, knowledgable lot and we do get behind the team. I can moan about the ref if I think things halve gone against either side.
Other mates go on the Crumbie Terrace and sometimes, if my wife cannot attend matches, I spend one half on the terrace: most fans are superb and atmosphere brilliant. Lots of ex players stand on the terrace too.
Please don’t leave the Tigers’ family or the idiots who abused you have won!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Before I purchased a season ticket I conducted a movers and shakers season, sitting somewhere different for every game I attended. I settled for Mattioni Woods, Row O.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:08 pm Sorry to hear your daughter and son-in-law had abuse hurled at them.
Report such things to the club.
We sit in the stand opposite the main shop end(Mattioni Woods Stand).
We have sat with the same fans for many years: about15-20 on the back row and row in front; great banter, mixed age group, knowledgable lot and we do get behind the team. I can moan about the ref if I think things halve gone against either side.
Other mates go on the Crumbie Terrace and sometimes, if my wife cannot attend matches, I spend one half on the terrace: most fans are superb and atmosphere brilliant. Lots of ex players stand on the terrace too.
Please don’t leave the Tigers’ family or the idiots who abused you have won!
+1 I fully endorse what Ian has said about the treatment of your family members.

As you've probably guessed I'm from my name I'm a terrace dweller and intend to stay there as long as my legs can take it. I've stood with the same group for years and always had a good time although we all hate it when the Tigers are losing. The knowledge and banter are excellent. Can't wait to get back out there.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Still miss the terrace , but the demands of age now mean a sit down in the Mattioli Woods stand is my home matchday.
Last edited by kk20gb30 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....