Leicester Tigers Ultras - Matt To'omua

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Leicester Tigers Ultras - Matt To'omua

Post by trendylfj »

We have had a wonderful couple of hours chatting Matt To'omua who joined the group and answered every question asked of him. When I met him in the Castres team hotel and had selfies taken with him - he was brilliant and he has now gone up further in my estimation. Things he opened up about WR, OP, and some away game were excellent reading as well as the nice things he said about Simon Cohen. TV was also watching his comments - well worth a read
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigerbeat

Re: leicester tigers ultras - Matt To'omua

Post by Tigerbeat »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:18 pm We have had a wonderful couple of hours chatting Matt To'omua who joined the group and answered every question asked of him. When I met him in the Castres team hotel and had selfies taken with him - he was brilliant and he has now gone up further in my estimation. Things he opened up about WR, OP, and some away game were excellent reading as well as the nice things he said about Simon Cohen. TV was also watching his comments - well worth a read
Have you got a link?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers Ultras - Matt To'omua

Post by trendylfj »

Hehehehehehehehe
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Presumably Toomua waxed lyrical about how committed he'd been to Tigers and how fantastic the supporters were and how he loved running out at Welford Road and how great 'the boys' were, and how great the coaches were. Great memories etc etc etc etc etc. Yawn.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not really
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Traveller you had the opportunity to read it before you commented, shame you did not do so!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Some really interesting comments from Matt, and some funny ones too. Well done to him for doing it!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 pm Traveller you had the opportunity to read it before you commented, shame you did not do so!
My comments were based entirely on Matt Toomua when he was a Leicester Tigers player on the basis of what I saw. Always thought he was an astonishing talent, but in terms of delivery and commitment to the cause - well in my opinion - he was poor value, a symbol of all that was wrong with the club. None of which is to say that he isn't an approachable friendly person. No doubt other contributors feel he was excellent value. I do think we are on the right track now and feel very optimistic about the next few years.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed Toomua was quality when he turned up but that was rare as was the number of games he played.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

It's on Facebook and not everyone does Facebook, so If anyone who does could copy and paste it here that would be great. :smt023
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

ads wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 pm It's on Facebook and not everyone does Facebook, so If anyone who does could copy and paste it here that would be great. :smt023
Sorry it would be miles too big to put on here as it went on for a very long time 109 comments
Hehehehehehehehe
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Would never question the ability Matt To'omua possessed as a Rugby player, but.........
Still not to my own personal taste ; mere words can come very easily to some.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:31 pm
ads wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 pm It's on Facebook and not everyone does Facebook, so If anyone who does could copy and paste it here that would be great. :smt023
Sorry it would be miles too big to put on here as it went on for a very long time 109 comments
Aah, no worries. Cheers.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Says Matt O'Connor is a great coach but was a pure coach and needed off the field support.

Says Cohen did loads for him personally but understands why people wanted him gone.

Fav position 10 but was happy to play 12 as it was best for the team.

Tigers best ground in the world.

Rates Jordon Olowofela.

Was terribly homesick and missed his wife.

No intel on two new coaches incoming but says the fitness guy is top notch.

Says there was a big disconnect before boardroom and players when he was here.

His best comment... someone asked "who is Matt To'omua... his reply: "this has-been that took the club from European Semi finalists to a relegation battle in 3 years. Influential".
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thanks for summarising Ourla.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni