Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Steve Borthwick

Post by RagingBull »

Borthwick will be a great coach.
But I can see why Murphy might be a good ying to his yang, especially with more the behind the scenes work.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

chipnchase wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 pm I hope nobody buys him a drone!

In all seriousness I don’t think he’s had enough praise. LTTV is giving supporters and insight we’ve never had previously and it’s fantastic!
Let's hope that the interesting content continues even when we are playing again, not the usual run of the mill stuff.
Bondi does Scrum Practice?
Behind the scenes at all parts of the club would be good viewing, proper one to one chats etc.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

chipnchase wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 pm I hope nobody buys him a drone!

In all seriousness I don’t think he’s had enough praise. LTTV is giving supporters and insight we’ve never had previously and it’s fantastic!
+1, he's a breath of fresh air on the Soshul Meja :smt023
Compared to other clubs we have been seriously lagging behind in this department!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

"If you are not willing to do the hard work that we need at Leicester Tigers then you are not going to be part of this team, our fans expect it, our board expect it, I as coach expect it from myself, my coaches and the players"

Music to my ears.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

chipnchase wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:46 pmOnly thing I didn’t get was why did the camera angle keep changing? :smt005 :smt005
At first I thought it was to give some idea of movement, as he was a bit static :smt003

Impressed by his message(s), let's hope, given time, it translates into improved performances/results :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'm excited. Great coaches always seem to achieve results beyond the sum of the parts.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 pm "If you are not willing to do the hard work that we need at Leicester Tigers then you are not going to be part of this team, our fans expect it, our board expect it, I as coach expect it from myself, my coaches and the players"

Music to my ears.
Absolutely RB opt in or ship out.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 pm "If you are not willing to do the hard work that we need at Leicester Tigers then you are not going to be part of this team, our fans expect it, our board expect it, I as coach expect it from myself, my coaches and the players"

Music to my ears.
:smt041

Everything starts with hard work.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Music to my ears.
It’s well publicised that he gets to know players inside out. With people like that they identify them pretty quickly but get every last bit out of those who have the true grit and honesty to push themselves to the next level. Really excited for the future of this club.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Music to my ears.
I would not have expected anything less. I am really looking forward to witnessing the culmination of all that hard work and dedication on the pitch.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Music to my ears.
Music to all our ears, don’t get me wrong we have had some (on paper) quality players over recent seasons but because they haven’t bought into the work ethic required we have suffered & underperformed as result.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I'm already training.......hard.........
Cause I don't want a telling off by Mr Borthwick. Plus I buy into what he is trying to achieve. If the squad has any doubts????????
Thank you Mr B and don't you look right in a Tigers shirt............ :smt023
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

All of the stuff he says is obvious and the sort of things you would expect to hear a new coach say, but it's really good to hear some straight talking.
Right off the bat we know where we stand and what he wants from the squad, the coaches, the management and the fans!
The players will know what they need to do and if they don't, they wont get picked. Good to hear him talk about the young lads coming through and the players we've signed. And the fact he mentioned a couple of other signings as well....
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I know it is based only on a fleeting glimpse, but it seems that he has a very clear and straightforward approach to the game, so you'd assume his tactics would be along the same lines. Clear plan, do the basics well, play to your strengths, be fitter and more determined than the opposition.

Sometimes watching other teams, perhaps like Exeter, you don't see they are doing anything special. But what they do is very consistent and at a very high standard.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Just watched it - i'm scared!

Great to hear him speak - the blend of the coaches and the blend of the players, and what is expected from them going forward.