Post by ay2oh »

Chuter never says anything good about Tigers and is never constructive :smt003
A2O
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:45 pm George Chuter pulls no punches!

https://www.planetrugby.com/turmoil-at- ... ters-mess/
Hmmm. Not sure he is reflecting what really happened regarding discussion on finances if Andrea is to be believed. It could be he knows what really happened I guess.
As Good As It Gets
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:03 pm Chuter never says anything good about Tigers and is never constructive :smt003
I meant to ask that as a question on my post above. Why does he always appear so negative?
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:03 pm Chuter never says anything good about Tigers and is never constructive :smt003
How many ex Tigers will be rolled out by the internet press, those to be listened to are those that don’t take the 20 pieces of Silver.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have to say that the one person who will come out of this whole situation well is Andrea. Firstly she took over a problem not of her making and she has filled me with the confidence that she has done and will continue to do, everything in her power to sort the mess out fairly. No-one likes losing money but the club is and unfortunately, with our business model, that will affect the employees as some who lost their jobs have found out. She impressed me with her interview where she said she was available to talk and explain things face to face with any member of staff. Do I hope some of them change their minds? of course, I do. I just hope the terms offered do not change as that would be unfair to the rest? of course, I do. The only one I would be over the moon if he re-signed would be JT, the rest, quite frankly, I am not worried about. If they do, they do. if they don't best of luck.
Last edited by trendylfj on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Andrea has definitely come out of it well. Her interview was well put across. Spoke to the fans, gave us the info we needed, yet didn't speak out of turn. All in all I'm glad we have her. She and SB seem to be the right people to build the club back again.

I'm just glad that it looks like I'll be able to take my son to his first game, maybe later than planned but at least it looks like the club will survive!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Geordan clarified that Jordan Taufua wants to stay and has been given an extra week to make his decision regarding contracts due to being stuck in quarantine currently, also seems like Bondi and Geordan wanted to make it clear that the players have been stood down and not sacked/released, inferring that they may not all leave
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

BFG wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:45 pm The more committed on the face of it are often those with fewer options.
If 500k pa were on offer elsewhere to most then I'd bet that most would be off.
These issues always dog players in more demand.
Manu is a good player and Leicester will be stronger with than without.
He isn't too old as he is the same birth year as Enever and younger than Nadolo.
Exactly. The club has repeatedly resigned Manu because he is a world class player that puts bums on seats and sells shirts. Look at he BBC, the main article is about losing him, that's because he is a big name that casual fans recognise across the country. We will attract fewer new fans without him playing for the team.

Saying players that didn't agree to contracts don't want to play for the club is ridiculous. They are in a business where the club will drop them like a stone the next time a contract renewal comes round if their form has dropped.

Loyalty has no place in professional sport like it or not.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:38 pm Geordan clarified that Jordan Taufua wants to stay and has been given an extra week to make his decision regarding contracts due to being stuck in quarantine currently, also seems like Bondi and Geordan wanted to make it clear that the players have been stood down and not sacked/released, inferring that they may not all leave
I really hope GM's info regarding about him wanting to stay works out for us as I feel he could be the key signing for success in the future
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Might be waiting to see if this Beizers buyout will 100% go through with no hiccups though.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Early next week 15 re-signings.

Guessing that might be why we have the rumoured Monday deadline for Manu?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

How can I go to sleep tonight thinking about who the 15 are!!!
Hehehehehehehehe
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:44 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:45 pm The more committed on the face of it are often those with fewer options.
He isn't too old as he is the same birth year as Enever and younger than Nadolo.
They are in a business where the club will drop them like a stone the next time a contract renewal comes round if their form has dropped.

Not really true in Manu's case though, they didn't drop him when he was in trouble with the police, nor immigration, nor injured for significant successive periods.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Hehehehehehe - got censored and quite right too - The other interesting end to GM's interview was that he has "heard that 2 of the 5 have had offers from France" but didn't say which ones the rumours were about
Hehehehehehehehe
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

anz3001 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:20 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:44 pm
They are in a business where the club will drop them like a stone the next time a contract renewal comes round if their form has dropped.

Not really true in Manu's case though, they didn't drop him when he was in trouble with the police, nor immigration, nor injured for significant successive periods.
Because he's an asset to the club, no other reason. It shows just how valuable he is. Let's not pretend that club didn't factor in the bad press he was getting at the time or the injury lay offs.

And bringing up incidents from years ago isn't really relevant. We were winning titles then as well not scraping the barrel with terrible rugby. It works both ways...