LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:11 pm One 'small' point in all these re-signings today, I don't know if any of the players were above the threshold for a 25% cut or not, in which, they would have to (re-) sign a new contract. However, on the Twitter feed, each photo of the re-signing player has the word 'Extended' on it. How long the extensions are for isn't said, but would be at least until end of 20/21 season, if not 21/22, depending on how long the prior contract was for.
a lot of them are younger players who may have been below the pay cut pay level the club had set
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

KevinR wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am 'un poker menteur' is an idiom meaning 'a game of bluff' or even 'a game of Russian roulette'.

As for Sam Aspland-Robinson, I thought he looked like an extremely good young player for the brief time we saw him in the match when he broke his leg - an injury which can happen to anyone.
Ahh French idioms, maybe Manu can be accused of “avoir les dents longues” by seeking employment elsewhere (sorry that was pretty poor but it’s the only one idiom I can recall!).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Excellent news about Reffell, don’t want to put too much pressure on the bloke but he’s captain material in my book!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/transfer ... tory.shtml

Seems like Telusa has signed for Stade - I wish him well
Hehehehehehehehe
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 pm https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/transfer ... tory.shtml

Agreed, great signing for us and one of those players when he got the ball in hand you know he could pull off something special. Feel he wasn’t as electric after his broken jaw, however, no doubt a new challenge will get the best from him.

Gives us a chance to model the squad more in Borthwick’s image. Feel like he wants a more controlling 15 from the back who is solid in the backfield.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Great to have the youngsters extend their contracts. We should have a much better idea in 12 months which are going to make it.

Good luck to Veainu in France, it's been wonderful watching him in a Tigers' jersey over the last few years.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 pm
trendylfj wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 pm https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/transfer ... tory.shtml

Agreed, great signing for us and one of those players when he got the ball in hand you know he could pull off something special. Feel he wasn’t as electric after his broken jaw, however, no doubt a new challenge will get the best from him.

Gives us a chance to model the squad more in Borthwick’s image. Feel like he wants a more controlling 15 from the back who is solid in the backfield.
Quite agree. Seems to me that his toes weren’t quite so twinkly after his injuries. Still quick and useful but on the wane. IIRC, when he joined us, his other choice was to go back to NZ to no contract. Glad we saw the best of him and I wish him well in Paris.
Last edited by loretta on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

4 more extensions to be announced tomorrow. I imagine the big ones are being saved for later in the week! :smt023
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

When is the shirt unveil, I’d guess there’s something being held back for that.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Looking at so far, provably then likes of Whitcombe, Lavin, Gough, Simmonds, Hardwick tomorrow.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Just out of interest I thought I would look at a couple of other Fans Forums to see what they made of our current changes of players. I looked at Gloucester and Sale and was refreshingly surprised at the consistency with views on here. In fact they were quite supportive of the club and as for any of our stood down players going to them the overwhelming answer was no. I think I am bored!!
As Good As It Gets
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:03 pm When is the shirt unveil, I’d guess there’s something being held back for that.
July 15th (next Wednesday), allegedly...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

The re-signing of top quality potential talent is great business by the Club.These are the players who want to play their part for us and , as I've so often remarked, want to be here.First team regulars , matchday 23 or reserves - here is where they are giving it a go.Applaud them .
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sam Lockwood would be more than capable replacement for Bateman without perhaps costing as much as his Falcons team-mate Mulipola.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I suspect Mulipola would be a step up in terms of salary cost compared to Bateman.