LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

10mill
Tiger Cub

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by 10mill »

KevinR wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am 'un poker menteur' is an idiom meaning 'a game of bluff' or even 'a game of Russian roulette'.

As for Sam Aspland-Robinson, I thought he looked like an extremely good young player for the brief time we saw him in the match when he broke his leg - an injury which can happen to anyone.
I remember that game, let’s not forget that after breaking his leg he got up and defended for the next 2-3 phases before going down injured.

That lifted my impression of him no end, this club needs players with that level of commitment right now.
10mill
Tiger Cub

Post by 10mill »

Refell just extended - get in!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

George Worth signs an extended contract with the club
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=ABClub post_id=745655 time=1594032109 user_id=11574]
Further on the Reffell re-signing. When Itoje signed his first senior contract at Sarries someone on another board referred to it as 'signing of the season'. We often get caught up in the hype of big name signings from other leagues but Reffell is the sort of player we can build the back row around for years to come. Brilliant news.
[/quote]

Agree, this is very good news, especially as he has signed whilst reportedly being courted by Welsh regional teams. That must have been tempting for him.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I know it has been hideous playing out a lot of conflict in public, and as a team you don't want to lose most of the players leaving. However, it must be a nice feeling to start signing players on longer term contracts - players for the present and perhaps more importantly for the future.

If I was in PoD's shoes, I too would be really excitied about what the club is building here.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

9 of the 15 so far - who's next RB?
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Who says it isn’t more than 15?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Just going on Andrea's 15 but if there is more - yippeeeeeeeeeee
Hehehehehehehehe
Flash

Post by Flash »

RichieB wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:27 pm If I was in PoD's shoes, I too would be really excitied about what the club is building here.
PoD?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Prince of darkness (apparently Borthwicks new nickname :smt017
A2O
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The good news continues with these young Tigers committing themselves to the future of the club, these guys are more important to us going forward than the would be the arrival of many of the names suggested in various posts on here, although I wouldn't mind the odd new star to fill a couple of places whilst our own boys develop into the stars they could become.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:46 pm The good news continues with these young Tigers committing themselves to the future of the club, these guys are more important to us going forward than the would be the arrival of many of the names suggested in various posts on here, although I wouldn't mind the odd new star to fill a couple of places whilst our own boys develop into the stars they could become.
Amen to that, our view here chez Griffin.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Ben White is the latest one announced. Some good business here it seems.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

ABClub wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:29 am
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:10 am Brave move by Tigers regarding Sam Aspland Robinson due to his injury record but if that is behind him we have seen enough to know he will be a very useful member of our squad. I am delighted that Jordan Olowofela has signed long term, there is a lot more to come from that young man particularly if he improves his defense.
As he won't cost much to re-sign I think Aspland-Robinson is a good calculated gamble. He's talented and also versatile. At home across the back three but has mentioned in the past he'd like to play centre which he does have the footballing skills for.

I'm really excited by Olowofela. There's been understandable negativity from some given his poor strike rate currently and seemingly lacking physicality when first coming into senior rugby. I think we will reap the benefits of giving him early first XV exposure longer term though. His support lines are very good so I have high hopes for him playing off Scott and Nadolo, potentially even Manu for another year as well.
And with Jordan O I am sure he will benefit from Aled Walters input in terms of his strength and conditioning and increase his size a bit...not too much because as you say the lines he runs are good and I think his fleet of foot is a foundation.
As Good As It Gets
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

There is more than a passing resemblance to Warburton in the way Reffell plays, that is huge for us long term.
To win is not as important as playing with style!