LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by ABClub »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:55 pm De La Fuente is normally a 12 I think, Midi Olympic is saying Manu is to stay at Tigers after agreeing terms on a pay cut
Midi are usually pretty solid. Much better than most the UK based scattergun rugby sites that basically seem to read these forums and publish the speculation as fact.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

If Manu does stay, you’d still take De La Fuente as replacing Reid and Eastmond wouldn’t you. Albeit then comes the passport issue, how many O/S players we have (non Kolpak).
On that subject, I see on Bath’s list of leavers, Lucas Noguera, a tidy LH option? Also Levi Douglas as lick/six, always looked hugely combative.
The more this shifts, the more chance I see of Tuilagi and Taufua staying. If so, just a prop 12 and 15 required from the ‘stood down’ list, plus the lock/backrow and winger we were already hoping for.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:24 pm If Manu does stay, you’d still take De La Fuente as replacing Reid and Eastmond wouldn’t you. Albeit then comes the passport issue, how many O/S players we have (non Kolpak).
On that subject, I see on Bath’s list of leavers, Lucas Noguera, a tidy LH option? Also Levi Douglas as lick/six, always looked hugely combative.
The more this shifts, the more chance I see of Tuilagi and Taufua staying. If so, just a prop 12 and 15 required from the ‘stood down’ list, plus the lock/backrow and winger we were already hoping for.
Matt Scott is in, so do we need another international centre, or do we trust the squad and maybe bring in another proven Prem operator?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Stop all the discussions re Manu - as I said over a week ago - he will engage in brinkmanship AGAIN, before agreeing to stay - https://twitter.com/midi_olympique/stat ... rQ_CLcFUj8

Midi olympique is rarely wrong
Hehehehehehehehe
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:38 am Stop all the discussions re Manu - as I said over a week ago - he will engage in brinkmanship AGAIN, before agreeing to stay - https://twitter.com/midi_olympique/stat ... rQ_CLcFUj8

Good and bad. On his day a match winner but I get the feeling that in the past our game plan has been built around Manu and when he was absent there was no plan B. Im not expecting Mr Borthwick to fall into that trap.
I'm not cynical just experienced
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I'd still rather have him here than another Prem club. He's a world class centre and we'd be stupid not to want him to play for us.
I get the wage issues though and the if/buts and maybe's about his fitness, but thats improved loads recently so if he's over the worst stuff then we might see more him for the rest of this season and next.
Then the merry-go-round starts again....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:23 am
trendylfj wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:38 am Stop all the discussions re Manu - as I said over a week ago - he will engage in brinkmanship AGAIN, before agreeing to stay - https://twitter.com/midi_olympique/stat ... rQ_CLcFUj8

Good and bad. On his day a match winner but I get the feeling that in the past our game plan has been built around Manu and when he was absent there was no plan B. Im not expecting Mr Borthwick to fall into that trap.
Tend to agree here.Sooner rather than later we must be be able to function as a team without Manu; complimenting a team is one thing having it built solely around your potential is quite another.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:05 am
chewbacca wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:23 am

Tend to agree here.Sooner rather than later we must be be able to function as a team without Manu; complimenting a team is one thing having it built solely around your potential is quite another.
None of that is Manu's fault alone though.
To be fair things have often broken down long before the outside backs.
Line out for example.
Flopping on worthless rucks.
Manu is a high quality player, he can play a bit as well as crash it.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I think you are right
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

i hope Manu stays, as on his day he is one of the most destructive players in the world. If all the players sign up for the new way forward as per SB's interview and we can develop a plan b and C to complement plan A then it will be great. If he doesn't I wish him well.
cheers
Rich
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I could see Eastmond at Sale.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:51 am I could see Eastmond at Sale.
:smt023
Hehehehehehehehe
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:51 am I could see Eastmond at Sale.
Or back at Wasps as they are in dire trouble, but that is not selling newspapers like Tigers demise!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

SAR has extended his contract. Injury has meant we have seen no where near the best of him, but could be one to step up under the new regime.
Gives options for back 3 and 13
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:27 am SAR has extended his contract. Injury has meant we have seen no where near the best of him, but could be one to step up under the new regime.
Gives options for back 3 and 13

That's 6 of the promised 15 -re-signings - who is next????
Hehehehehehehehe