LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by RagingBull »

fortysix wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:17 pm Manu would hate Jap food, to be sure !
Looking at the size his brother got whilst in Japan not so sure
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

£750k to play rugby and eat ramen every day. Where do I sign up?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:48 pm Dimen, Steward, Smith, Martin and Van Poortvliet are the first players to be announced with new deals.
Apart from if Taufua is staying these resigns are far more important than any Manu news.

Please let's not waste money on a non tackling aged Full Back, would rather the Academy head coach dusted off his boots.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Traveller wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:59 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:30 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:09 pm Having been to Beziers i can say with authority it is a proper dump - I also hope the money sweetens the pill of playing for one of the towns in France with a openly far right mayor/politics.

It was quite spicy just walking round the old town in day time but having said that there are some lovely spots around the town itself
Much like with players at Tigers I'd imagine he may well not actually live in the city. I'm sure there's a nice middle class town down by the Med coast within a short commute. Property in France can be pretty cheap so his money should go a fair way.
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 pm

With Veainu leaving it will free up a spot
Might be slightly more expensive than TV, depends what other offers he has on the table. If Manu decided to stay not sure you'd not want that much cap tied up in two centres. I'd love to see him in red, white and green though.
Frankly I think it's extraordinary that these players are prepared to consider leaving 'Lock Down Leicester', the 'Venice of the Midlands', the Junction 23 Jewel - to get paid more by playing in Paris, Toulouse or Toulon. When you think of the beauty of the city's architecture, the market, the Cafe Rialto (the best toasted bacon sandwiches in the world), the seemingly permanent road works and traffic lights 'system' around Fosse Park, the beauty of Victoria Park in February, at dusk (1.30pm), as the lights of University shimmer through the rain as it pours down on the litter and into the mud.' They must be mad to even think of leaving.
To be fair if you get off at Junction 23 you can drive through some nice countryside for twenty odd minutes before you get to Leicester. See the jewel of junction 22 in Bradgate Park.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:53 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Much like with players at Tigers I'd imagine he may well not actually live in the city. I'm sure there's a nice middle class town down by the Med coast within a short commute. Property in France can be pretty cheap so his money should go a fair way.

Might be slightly more expensive than TV, depends what other offers he has on the table. If Manu decided to stay not sure you'd not want that much cap tied up in two centres. I'd love to see him in red, white and green though.
Frankly I think it's extraordinary that these players are prepared to consider leaving 'Lock Down Leicester', the 'Venice of the Midlands', the Junction 23 Jewel - to get paid more by playing in Paris, Toulouse or Toulon. When you think of the beauty of the city's architecture, the market, the Cafe Rialto (the best toasted bacon sandwiches in the world), the seemingly permanent road works and traffic lights 'system' around Fosse Park, the beauty of Victoria Park in February, at dusk (1.30pm), as the lights of University shimmer through the rain as it pours down on the litter and into the mud.' They must be mad to even think of leaving.
To be fair if you get off at Junction 23 you can drive through some nice countryside for twenty odd minutes before you get to Leicester. See the jewel of junction 22 in Bradgate Park.
If Bradgate park doesn't sell it to them I'm not sure what adding 250k to their salary would...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Fissler confirms Leicesters interest in Nick Abendandon in today's Rugby Paper (5/7/20).
Also highlights the possibility of impending issues at London Irish due to the clubs necessity to impose a straight 25 % wage reduction ( no potential clawback ) on the remainder of players contracts. Up to 10 players in revolt and exits looming...deja vu..

Great news regarding the initial group of Leicestet re-signings.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:48 pm Dimen, Steward, Smith, Martin and Van Poortvliet are the first players to be announced with new deals.
Apart from if Taufua is staying these resigns are far more important than any Manu news.

Please let's not waste money on a non tackling aged Full Back, would rather the Academy head coach dusted off his boots.
Going to have to disagree with you. His defence got a lot better playing in France, his experience would be invaluable for a season
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree,Bendy on a years contract is a no brainer.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:29 pm I agree,Bendy on a years contract is a no brainer.
If it happens I reckon he would get a huge cheer from fans on his first appearance (in front of a crowd!) :smt023
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:13 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:53 pm

If Bradgate park doesn't sell it to them I'm not sure what adding 250k to their salary would...
Well if they are sold on Bradgate Park they will probably need the extra £250k to help buy a house in Newtown Linford.

Abendanon makes perfect sense if we're losing TV. Can help cover in what's a fairly inexperienced set of back three players and another good mentor for the young lads coming through.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm
Veainu was hardly renown for his defence either was he
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TV fundamentals weren't exactly top notch either tbf
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

From a R92 fan who lives in France

"Béziers has not been bought yet, they still have some documents to send to the national office that looks into financial backing of sports teams.

On one hand apparently they started to send some of those documents, on the other, that they haven't finished reeks of amateurism. So I still think it's a 50/50 the whole thing is a scam that's going to fold in the next few months."
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:02 pm From a R92 fan who lives in France

"Béziers has not been bought yet, they still have some documents to send to the national office that looks into financial backing of sports teams.

On one hand apparently they started to send some of those documents, on the other, that they haven't finished reeks of amateurism. So I still think it's a 50/50 the whole thing is a scam that's going to fold in the next few months."
Rugby Lions all over again ??
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Robespierre has gone quiet on all thing French recently - hope he's ok - always good for accurate rumours
Hehehehehehehehe