Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by Mark62 »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:29 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:48 pm After the excitement of seeing the new signings for next season to add to a decent back bone of a team, losing high profile players and maybe more to follow, I am feeling pretty forlorn now :(.

All thoughts of relegation next season had left me, those horrible thoughts are starting to creep back in
Nothing to be done for you I’m afraid, maybe Wasps would be a better bet for you 😜😂
Swear at me again and I will take offence !!! :smt003
Just trying to cheer you up a little :smt027 :smt023
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:26 pm I like the idea of Henry at 15.
I haven’t seen enough of him, but certainly having another footballer at 15, is a good way of moving forward
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Argentine press suggest that more Jaguares might be coming with Montoya.
Not sure how correct that might be or if its just 2 + 2 = 10, I guess a lot will be on if Kolpak is a thing or not.
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

ABClub wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:44 pm
trendylfj wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 pm I have searched and searched and still no confirmation of Taufua - going or staying - anyone got updates??
That's due to neither the club nor Taufua confirming either way. JT is out the country currently so the club are viewing him as a different situation it would seem. Rumours in the press are he's definitely off (offers from Japan/France longer term and Super Rugby Aotearoa shorter term) plus Veainu's twitter posts seemed to suggest he's off.

I'll hold out hope that the other 5 departing players frees up room to renegotiate with Taufau as he is an absolutely brilliant player. It ain't sounding promising though!
Pretty sure he flew back to the UK a week or so ago based on some Instagram stuff he posted
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:06 pm Argentine press suggest that more Jaguares might be coming with Montoya.
Not sure how correct that might be or if its just 2 + 2 = 10, I guess a lot will be on if Kolpak is a thing or not.
Could make sense, a lot of them are going to be desperate for a club at the moment, the likes of de la Fuente, Moroni or Orlando would make good Manu replacements
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigris wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:13 pm
ABClub wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:44 pm
trendylfj wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 pm I have searched and searched and still no confirmation of Taufua - going or staying - anyone got updates??
That's due to neither the club nor Taufua confirming either way. JT is out the country currently so the club are viewing him as a different situation it would seem. Rumours in the press are he's definitely off (offers from Japan/France longer term and Super Rugby Aotearoa shorter term) plus Veainu's twitter posts seemed to suggest he's off.

I'll hold out hope that the other 5 departing players frees up room to renegotiate with Taufau as he is an absolutely brilliant player. It ain't sounding promising though!
Pretty sure he flew back to the UK a week or so ago based on some Instagram stuff he posted
Certainly Geordan, said that he was back and in 14 days isolation, now whether he has gone away again who knows.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

David Williams stats are impressive
19/20 - 16 starts 11 tries
18/19 - 13 starts 10 tries
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That's a great strike rate RB!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I like the theory about moving away from a playmaking 12 and a strike runner 15, towards a harder carrying 12 with a playmaking 15. Henry and McPhillips both tagged as comfortable at 10 or 15 would fit the bill for the latter role, Worth could also fit the bracket. Need to add a centre or two though. In Hardwick and Steward, we’d still retain a playmaking 12 and strike 15 if required.

Snapshot of who we’ve released versus who we’ve bought in, gives you a view of what further depth we need to add.... and I’m not counting the likes of Boladau, Batley and Hughes, as they were loans. I’ve also not included the development players leaving, as realistically they’ve already been replaced by academy grads.

Bateman - ?
Cortes - ?
Polota-Nau - Mamukashvili
Stevens - ?
Spencer - Enever
Kalamafoni - Brink
Taufua? - ?
Thompson - ?
Harrison - ?
Reid - Henry
Eastmond - ?
Tuilagi - ?
Viljoen - Scott
Thomas - ?
May - Nadolo
Holmes - ?
Thompstone - ?
Veianu - ?

18 players out, only 6 coming in.
There’s some serious salary been shaved off there, but equally some big holes left to fill.
Based on the theory that even before these latest 5/6 have left, we were still looking at replacements for Thompson and Holmes.... we need a minimum of - 1 prop, 2 back five players, 2 centres and 2 back three players. Possibly 7 new additions still leaves the squad 5 players shorter than last year, which across the league seems about the norm, all clubs seem to be trying to run lighter.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:06 pm Argentine press suggest that more Jaguares might be coming with Montoya.
Have you got a link to this RB?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Don't forget the wizard on the wing!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:45 pm I like the theory about moving away from a playmaking 12 and a strike runner 15, towards a harder carrying 12 with a playmaking 15. Henry and McPhillips both tagged as comfortable at 10 or 15 would fit the bill for the latter role, Worth could also fit the bracket. Need to add a centre or two though. In Hardwick and Steward, we’d still retain a playmaking 12 and strike 15 if required.

Snapshot of who we’ve released versus who we’ve bought in, gives you a view of what further depth we need to add.... and I’m not counting the likes of Boladau, Batley and Hughes, as they were loans. I’ve also not included the development players leaving, as realistically they’ve already been replaced by academy grads.

Bateman - ?
Cortes - ?
Polota-Nau - Mamukashvili
Stevens - ?
Spencer - Enever
Kalamafoni - Brink
Taufua? - ?
Thompson - ?
Harrison - ?
Reid - Henry
Eastmond - ?
Tuilagi - ?
Viljoen - Scott
Thomas - ?
May - Nadolo
Holmes - ?
Thompstone - ?
Veianu - ?

There’s some serious salary been shaved off there, but equally some big holes left to fill.
Based on the theory that even before these latest 5/6 have left, we were still looking at replacements for Thompson and Holmes.... we need a minimum of - 1 prop, 2 back five players, 2 centres and 2 back three players. Possibly 7 new additions still leaves the squad 5 players shorter than last year, which across the league seems about the norm, all clubs seem to be trying to run lighter.
You don’t seem to have included those players that have been promoted from within.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

True, because the likes of Rowntree, Smith etc have effectively replaced Hills, Eveleigh etc, who I didn’t count as leavers.
I was looking at the Senior squad only really.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

mariochanvelli wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:13 pm https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... er-tigers/
Manu maybe staying?
All of a sudden found out he won't get a better offer in England and won't be eligible for England if he goes elsewhere perhaps?