LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by BigDan50 »

What a mess, the club, the players, none come out of this with any credit, why is it that Sale, Northampton and a couple of other clubs handle this situation amicably but Tigers seem unable to.
My opinion is that there has been a core of players within the club who have had a large say into how the club should be run, now their influence has been diminished by a stronger board and a new coaching setup they are biting back at the club due to to their influence being negated.
The days of Tiger being a family club are now gone and we must understand that we are now a hard nosed business who must make the correct decisions to survive.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm What a mess, the club, the players, none come out of this with any credit, why is it that Sale, Northampton and a couple of other clubs handle this situation amicably but Tigers seem unable to.
My opinion is that there has been a core of players within the club who have had a large say into how the club should be run, now their influence has been diminished by a stronger board and a new coaching setup they are biting back at the club due to to their influence being negated.
The days of Tiger being a family club are now gone and we must understand that we are now a hard nosed business who must make the correct decisions to survive.
Hear hear
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

MCC1964 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:49 pm Five or six players who cares, at least they had a choice.
31 people did not.
Great point. :smt038
Seems the players have been badly advised or need a reality check. The company I work for (a big company) has furloughed most the staff since March on 80% of their wage ( actually even less as they won’t get bonus, overtime or call out) . They didn’t have to accept it, it’s effectively a breach of contract....but the alternative...
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Interesting.

the LTTV interview is very good. Its very clear, and the justifications of the circumstances are now much clearer. I have to say she and the club do come across much better than the press lead us all to believe.

Its now starting to become clear that the other clubs are a) not a PLC, b) saying things are great when it might only be a short term success they have.

I hope my change of view isn't going to lead to further disappointment.

I would be very sad if Taufua goes on top of Veainu (HE was only just coming good again after the broken jaw that significantly affected him).

No one will have the budget for the big ticket losses in the UK - and then France and Japan leads to a loss of England. I guess the people leaving just didnt get the money or length of contract they wanted.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I looked for a broken heart emoji but couldn't find one. Profesimalism, money and greed finally killed the club I love.

Goodbye and God bless
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Chris Egerton has retweeted Alec Lowe who states that as JT is out of the country he was not listed as ‘...a slightly different situation...’ but is leaving. I think the evidence is overwhelming now, so let’s not get our hopes up.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

speedski wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 pm Interesting.

the LTTV interview is very good. Its very clear, and the justifications of the circumstances are now much clearer. I have to say she and the club do come across much better than the press lead us all to believe.

Its now starting to become clear that the other clubs are a) not a PLC, b) saying things are great when it might only be a short term success they have.

I hope my change of view isn't going to lead to further disappointment.

I would be very sad if Taufua goes on top of Veainu (HE was only just coming good again after the broken jaw that significantly affected him).

No one will have the budget for the big ticket losses in the UK - and then France and Japan leads to a loss of England. I guess the people leaving just didnt get the money or length of contract they wanted.

You can’t have watched the same thing I did. Bleating on about ‘#tigersfamily’ and at the same time berating the media for leaking this. Come on. This whole situation is disgraceful. This is not a brave new dawn. It’s an all time low. I’ve never felt like this about this club before, I feel absolutely disgusted by their antipathy towards their own staff and supporters.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

100% my view
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Andrea did not berate the media for leaking info. What she did berate was those that leaked info to the mefia.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:12 pm Andrea did not berate the media for leaking info. What she did berate was those that leaked info to the mefia.
Why shouldn’t they? Because of #family when their having their pay slashed? Hardly goes two ways does it...

Family means not telling when your treated badly. Pull the other one.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Duncan B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:17 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:12 pm Andrea did not berate the media for leaking info. What she did berate was those that leaked info to the mefia.
Why shouldn’t they? Because of #family when their having their pay slashed? Hardly goes two ways does it...

Family means not telling when your treated badly. Pull the other one.
So you don’t think the players should have been asked for a pay cut?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm What a mess, the club, the players, none come out of this with any credit, why is it that Sale, Northampton and a couple of other clubs handle this situation amicably but Tigers seem unable to.

Hear hear
Tigers has always been a hard nosed business who must continue to make the correct decisions to survive. I never bought into the Tigers family peddled by the club they are a business albeit one I continue to support.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean everyone is having their pay slashed?
Having your pay slashed is the reality of this pandemic.
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

I would rather Tigers be a PLC than a sugar daddy play thing, remember Newcastle and Sir John Hall, now look at them. Players will come and go and they will always want the best for themselves in a precarious career, however when one door shuts etc. My opinion is that of the 5 players named only 1 is a disappointment (TV) the rest are not outstanding enough any more that players of equal or better skill sets will be picked up in these torrid times. Don't be fooled that we are the only club going through this, only the big clubs are press worthy enough to generate media revenue so will be scrutinized more.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm I mean everyone is having their pay slashed?
Having your pay slashed is the reality of this pandemic.

Or should family mean putting yourself into more debt for another member?
Exactly - pay cuts are what is happening across the world in every business including the one I work at and I’ve had a 40% reduction in take home pay.

Not sure how any business is expected to survive without either a sugar daddy bankrolling it (Bath etc) or implementing pay cuts across the board