LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by MCC1964 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 pm To be honest, I feel pretty sickened about the whole affair. Yeah yeah, the club is the main thing, that doesn’t help at the moment. Key players have left, the club have handled it abysmally and we have serious issues with regard to the leaking of information to the press. It would be great to think that we will crack on from this, pull together under Borthwick and rise again, but it feels like a long long way away at the moment. I wonder what the fallout will be in the squad. I’m sure Borthwick will play a straight bat but what he’s thinking privately god only knows. Sad and embarrassing couple of weeks for the club. We can’t even announce players leaving without messing it up.
Did you watch the interview? Tell me how you think the club have been abysmal please? During that interview is was also revealed that Mr Borthwick has been fully involved in what has been going on.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

You would like the hope that the CEO is better informed than Veainu, who knows what last minute agreements have been made..... :smt017
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Yes, the club care about money. Yes, the players care about money.

And yes, I care about money too so I'm not going to accuse either of greed or throw other emotive but largely meaningless words around. I assume some of you, and Veainu's Mrs, live in a hippy commune and have no interest in money...

I guess we'll never know whether these players have left entirely because of the money, or also because of how they perceive their treatment.

All we can do is wish them well and move on.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

With all the comments about 5 players leaving and then "tweets" "feeds" etc trying to muddy the waters regarding JT and even Veainu I still think there is some way to go before this is finally over. Whatever happens Andrea is a very impressive CEO and certainly gives me confidence for the future.
Hehehehehehehehe
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Didn’t get to watch the live stream so a quick question: were the rumours of an extension to the Tuesday deadline just that, rumours, so without foundation?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm With all the comments about 5 players leaving and then "tweets" "feeds" etc trying to muddy the waters regarding JT and even Veainu I still think there is some way to go before this is finally over. Whatever happens Andrea is a very impressive CEO and certainly gives me confidence for the future.
She did come across very well
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:37 pm
trendylfj wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm With all the comments about 5 players leaving and then "tweets" "feeds" etc trying to muddy the waters regarding JT and even Veainu I still think there is some way to go before this is finally over. Whatever happens Andrea is a very impressive CEO and certainly gives me confidence for the future.
Won’t be great if she names 5 players and it turns out 6 players are leaving.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

It was touched on but the players who are leaving will free up some space to bring in new players if needed. Geordy has said that we'll spend up to the cap so you'd assume there will be some new incoming before November
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 pm
Pretty sure TV is trolling. She would make sure she knew the facts before going on. And likewise I was impressed.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 pm
Or perhaps 5 is all that could be confirmed at this point and maybe there could be others that couldn't be announced now for legal reasons? Or maybe she's just cack and cocked up......

The last bit was sarcasm, by the way, for the avoidance of doubt
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So rugbypass was saying 5 players this morning
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/leiceste ... hjFVd3EU8Y

Who happen to be the names Andrea gave.

I think for now better to assume Taufua is off and be happily surprised, than get your hopes dashed.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

She was definitely reading from notes, you could see her keep looking down before speaking. No
Need to look at a keyboard, and the screen would have been at eye level for the camera.
It would be pretty shocking to miss off a key name like Taufua given his profile. Even if it was off the cuff it’d be awkward, but from notes....
Just have to wait and see I suppose.
I couldn’t actually see any comments about Taufua though.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Five or six players who cares, at least they had a choice.
31 people did not.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

BFG wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:49 pm Five or six players who cares, at least they had a choice.
31 people did not.
Great point. :smt038
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Grimlish wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:36 pm Didn’t get to watch the live stream so a quick question: were the rumours of an extension to the Tuesday deadline just that, rumours, so without foundation?
Extension not mentioned. Seemed clear that today was the day they wanted it all sorted by.