LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Loob19

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by Loob19 »

The guy posting on Facebook with Veainu's name is a swimming instructor and went to St Andrew's College, Christchurch - is that Telusa?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 pm Veainu's partner on facebook live stream chat
"#tigersfamily is the biggest load of (Other words for balls that get's censored) . They have never been a family club and never will be. Only care about the ££"
and
" I talk from experience. As the partner of a player who shares the opinion of most families involved in this club over the past years."
Could argue all they care about is the £££ hence why they are leaving..... :smt023
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 pm Veainu's partner on facebook live stream chat
"#tigersfamily is the biggest load of (Other words for balls that get's censored) . They have never been a family club and never will be. Only care about the ££"
and
" I talk from experience. As the partner of a player who shares the opinion of most families involved in this club over the past years."
I was tempted to reply to her, but didn't want to be inflammatory. Ultimately sport is a business, so when it comes to the crunch, yes it's about the £££. For me, the family club comes from supporting long -term injured players, providing opportunities for players after rugby etc. all of which I believe we do.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Loob19 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:09 pm The guy posting on Facebook with Veainu's name is a swimming instructor and went to St Andrew's College, Christchurch - is that Telusa?
He found a new gig pretty quickly then!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Loob19 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:09 pm The guy posting on Facebook with Veainu's name is a swimming instructor and went to St Andrew's College, Christchurch - is that Telusa?
yes
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

Well, have to say, Veainu hijacking the interview makes him look like he has an axe to grind. Or he's just winding everybody up - just like Genge yesterday?
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm
yes
Well I guess that means the club at this point don’t realise that it’s all over with JT. There wouldn’t be any point in not mentioning him with the others.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

MCC1964 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:56 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Veainu commented on the live feed that Taufua is leaving as well after Andrea didn’t mention him
Interesting. Bondi has gone back over the 5 name thing a few times. There's been a chance for Andrea to correct what she's said. Maybe there's been a late deal.
Hmmmm.......Bondi has confirmed o his twitter feed that Andrea listed five players but hasn’t directly answered in the affirmative that JT is staying.

I guess if TV genuinely has stated it on a Facebook live feed then it must be true.....
He's part of the media team. If Andrea says those are the five that are going then he's not going to undermine his boss by posting on social media not an hour later that she's wrong. It's not his department and not his place. He's also not going to get in an online argument with TV or someone posing as TV (don't know I watched it on YouTube) as that could get messy and he needs to keep his nose clean.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Loob19 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 pm Well, have to say, Veainu hijacking the interview makes him look like he has an axe to grind. Or he's just winding everybody up - just like Genge yesterday?
My guess is its both.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

and
Pity they couldn't take the chance to show the awful club how little ££ means to them then and agree the wage cut like others!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Let's be honest, losing your job is **** and people deal with it and react in different ways. Especially if they feel hard done to. I'm not surprised that there's been at least some negative reaction from the players that are leaving.

Thank you to them all for their efforts over a varying number of years.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Nadolo tweeted about 15 minutes ago that today is his first day as a Tiger. Veainu said welcome and the reply from Nadolo was “Can’t wait to play alongside you”. Nadolo hasn’t seen the news!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MCC1964 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm
yes
Well I guess that means the club at this point don’t realise that it’s all over with JT. There wouldn’t be any point in not mentioning him with the others.
There might be legal reasons, there might be practical ones. Frankly my dear I don't give a damn, they had their discussions and Pinchen made it clear that it is the ££, looking at potential £10m loss. They cannot be hired by any other Prem club so it's France, Ireland or Japan since Welsh in financial trouble and Scots short of £.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

To be honest, I feel pretty sickened about the whole affair. Yeah yeah, the club is the main thing, that doesn’t help at the moment. Key players have left, the club have handled it abysmally and we have serious issues with regard to the leaking of information to the press. It would be great to think that we will crack on from this, pull together under Borthwick and rise again, but it feels like a long long way away at the moment. I wonder what the fallout will be in the squad. I’m sure Borthwick will play a straight bat but what he’s thinking privately god only knows. Sad and embarrassing couple of weeks for the club. We can’t even announce players leaving without messing it up.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 pm Nadolo tweeted about 15 minutes ago that today is his first day as a Tiger. Veainu said welcome and the reply from Nadolo was “Can’t wait to play alongside you”. Nadolo hasn’t seen the news!!
OOF
This week has been so awkward.

Although may well be banter.