LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Will that morning cause animosity within the squad if others have adhered to the deadlines but some parties are going past it?
If we could get even 2 from Veianu, Taufua and Tuilagi, we’d be in a steady position, even if we lost Reid, Eastmond and Bateman. Picking up a replacement prop and replacement centre would be workable.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am Am I wrong in thinking that we went through a previous bout of brinkmanship with the last contract Manu signed?
Every contract he’s ever signed
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:34 am
trendylfj wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am Am I wrong in thinking that we went through a previous bout of brinkmanship with the last contract Manu signed?
Every contract he’s ever signed
All part of the drama.

What will be will be.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 am Will that morning cause animosity within the squad if others have adhered to the deadlines but some parties are going past it?
If we could get even 2 from Veianu, Taufua and Tuilagi, we’d be in a steady position, even if we lost Reid, Eastmond and Bateman. Picking up a replacement prop and replacement centre would be workable.
As professionals you’d hope they understand each other.

On your latter point, I agree.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If we are trying to extend Manus deal we might be on a losing tactic, I thought it finished next June, set up for the Lions?? Personally I would of been dubious of offering another past that point anyway, he wants a bumper deal somewhere to set him up for life, maybe just try to keep him to that point.
Taufua we really need to keep, I would be wary of club takeovers they are not always as advertised...
But overall the professional game needs to look hard at itself worldwide, it doesn't cover its costs very well without input from National Unions or sugar daddies, the game was running ahead of its actual level of finances.
We dont want Rugby to become like a lot of lower league football clubs of being either financial basket cases or owned by people who really shouldn't be allowed near them.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Taufua would be top of my list to keep, especially being friends with Nadolo, something hopefully we will agreed.

Thing with Manu, with the current markets in South Africa and Australia, we would be able to find another first team standard 13. Kerevi, Kriel, Am.....
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

The official Twitter feed is doing a good job this morning of impersonating a politician on Question Time by completely ignoring what the rest of the Internet is saying about the club.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers squad page has been updated all 6 mentioned are still on it.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:42 am The official Twitter feed is doing a good job this morning of impersonating a politician on Question Time by completely ignoring what the rest of the Internet is saying about the club.
Just pictures of players training really, I’m surprised how quiet it is but there could be a number of reasons for that, including reading the new head coach into where things are exactly. Confidentiality reasons will have kept him from knowing everything until his employment starts.
As far as the rest of the internet is confirmed, what do they really know, and how many clubs are in similar situations but are doing a better job of hiding it
Pearce9

Post by Pearce9 »

I feel for both sides I really do and I’d imagine today was meant to be a day of fanfares. Our press and comms must be having kittens. Looks like a kit launch of some sort today with Samurai teasing, but likely to have featured our most prized assets in the new garb. I’d imagine hasty phone calls and photos withdrawn to either allow a reviewed launch or delayed one. Whilst we’re all keen to hear more it’s likely just not possible or fair to anyone but a statement of some level to acknowledge is sorely missing. We never seem to learn. My view has always been, I’ll tell you if I can, I’ll tell you if I can’t and I’ll tell you if I don’t know. Create a void and we will fill it....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Pearce9 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am I feel for both sides I really do and I’d imagine today was meant to be a day of fanfares. Our press and comms must be having kittens. Looks like a kit launch of some sort today with Samurai teasing, but likely to have featured our most prized assets in the new garb. I’d imagine hasty phone calls and photos withdrawn to either allow a reviewed launch or delayed one. Whilst we’re all keen to hear more it’s likely just not possible or fair to anyone but a statement of some level to acknowledge is sorely missing. We never seem to learn. My view has always been, I’ll tell you if I can, I’ll tell you if I can’t and I’ll tell you if I don’t know. Create a void and we will fill it....
Welcome Pearce9, in one word clarity
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Statement from the club confirming some players and unfortunately a significant number of staff will be leaving. Wishing them all the best for the future.
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am Statement from the club confirming some players and unfortunately a significant number of staff will be leaving. Wishing them all the best for the future.
Via what source?
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Email from Tigers
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 am Email from Tigers
Ok thanks, that’s for members I assume. Was looking on the website and social media