LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SthrnTiger

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by SthrnTiger »

Telegraph saying Manus future is uncertain. The fact no announcements have been made suggests at least some are off though that’s no surprise.

I wonder if say Veianu is off does that mean the club is willing to give Manu a bit more. I suspect not.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

How do you know? No official announcement as far as I can see.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lavanini signed according to Edgerton.

Ok now I can relax.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

SthrnTiger wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:24 pm Telegraph saying Manus future is uncertain. The fact no announcements have been made suggests at least some are off though that’s no surprise.

I wonder if say Veianu is off does that mean the club is willing to give Manu a bit more. I suspect not.
Or they might be waiting to announce them tomorrow with the kit?
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 pm
SthrnTiger wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:24 pm Telegraph saying Manus future is uncertain. The fact no announcements have been made suggests at least some are off though that’s no surprise.

Or they might be waiting to announce them tomorrow with the kit?
Good point. Let’s hope so!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 pm Lavanini signed according to Edgerton.

Ok now I can relax.
Agreed, really happy with that one. Him and Genge can be bedrocks in the pack. Hoping Liebenberg and Taufua also prioritised.

More to be announced after 7.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Taufua is a big one for me. Veainu would be greatly missed as well.

I love watching Manu play but how many times in the last few years has he been the difference between us winning or losing? Maybe it's time to rip that plaster off and move on anyway. For him too, perhaps it's time to take the opportunity to grab a massive paycheck in a warmer climate.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good news so far guys!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm Taufua is a big one for me. Veainu would be greatly missed as well.

I love watching Manu play but how many times in the last few years has he been the difference between us winning or losing? Maybe it's time to rip that plaster off and move on anyway. For him too, perhaps it's time to take the opportunity to grab a massive paycheck in a warmer climate.
:smt023
As Good As It Gets
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I would love for Taufua to stay but I feel Reffell would do a great job covering him should he go.
Losing Taufua and Liebenberg (If he was one of those who hasn't signed) would be massive to cover even with Lewis and Reffell.

Veainu Steward can cover as a 15 BUT was wanting him to cover wing.
Veainu commenting on Genge's tweet now with the news that Genge is staying is hopefully a good sign.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:43 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm Taufua is a big one for me. Veainu would be greatly missed as well.

:smt023
:smt041 100%
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I think you're right RagingBull, it's almost more important how many leave than exactly who leaves. Reffell playing with Liebenberg/Taufua doesn't worry me, but Reffell and Lewis at 6 and 7 leaves them both under a lot of pressure.

We'll see what happens!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agree 100% regarding Taufua. Of Brink, Liebenberg and Taufua I would be disappointed if more than 1 went, but would be doubly disappointed if that 1 was JT.

New zealand missed a trick when Kano retired not giving him a run in the 6 shirt
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

George Ford will be staying at Leicester Tigers for at least the next two years, and i (The news company not the pronoun) understands the England fly-half hopes to remain at Welford Road for the rest of his international career
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Lavinini definite?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer