LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by JP14 »

I can see Gigena going, just a hunch, but I have a feeling...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well I’m pretty sure his visa hasn’t come through yet so it might not even be a money reason.
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to make the connection between the Tuesday 5pm deadline and the fact that Steve Borthwick starts the next day. Is it just coincidence or are they trying to say to the players - if you go past this point you have to be committed, giving Steve Borthwick a clean start?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

In recent LTTV shows, Geordan and co have stated that talks are taking place with players and each ones circumstances are different and require them to make a decision for themselves. The Club, in my opinion, have conducted themselves in an appropriate manner with regards to the situation and have not opened this as general info. If true, the person who has leaked out this info needs to be booted out the Club as begs the question what information can they be trusted with. Contract talks are private and confidential and between the player and the club.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Loob19 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:03 pm I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to make the connection between the Tuesday 5pm deadline and the fact that Steve Borthwick starts the next day. Is it just coincidence or are they trying to say to the players - if you go past this point you have to be committed, giving Steve Borthwick a clean start?
I am guessing that new contracts start from Wednesday 01st July so a deadline of 30th June 5pm has been given......if true
www.matthampson.co.uk
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

What a mess.

The changes to the coaching team create a touch of optimism that we might be heading in the right direction, but this puts us even further back.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:48 pm I mean it’s only worse if that more players are involved than just 12.

As long as the club is secure I don’t really mind how many players leave currently both sides have very valid reasons.
And that’s it in a nutshell. The Board and senior management of the club have a responsibility to ensure survival of the club. If a number of employees feel they can’t accept new terms which mean that happens, and they are able to leave without breaking contracts, that is their right. Both parties have to do what is right for either the club or themselves depending what side they’re on.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 pm In recent LTTV shows, Geordan and co have stated that talks are taking place with players and each ones circumstances are different and require them to make a decision for themselves. The Club, in my opinion, have conducted themselves in an appropriate manner with regards to the situation and have not opened this as general info. If true, the person who has leaked out this info needs to be booted out the Club as begs the question what information can they be trusted with. Contract talks are private and confidential and between the player and the club.
That hasnt been the case for a while.
The club has leaked just as much info as agents when it comes to contracts as it helps them, at least in that LLTV interview Murphy said that the academy players and younger players had signed new deals.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 pm In recent LTTV shows, Geordan and co have stated that talks are taking place with players and each ones circumstances are different and require them to make a decision for themselves. The Club, in my opinion, have conducted themselves in an appropriate manner with regards to the situation and have not opened this as general info. If true, the person who has leaked out this info needs to be booted out the Club as begs the question what information can they be trusted with. Contract talks are private and confidential and between the player and the club.
Very true and no prizes for guessing who that player might be
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm
That hasnt been the case for a while.
The club has leaked just as much info as agents when it comes to contracts as it helps them, at least in that LLTV interview Murphy said that the academy players and younger players had signed new deals.
RB, whoever has leaked, Club employee / agent, is out of order. Whoever it is at the Clubs needs reprimanding as it is damaging to the Club.........
www.matthampson.co.uk
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm
Why does it have to be a player?
The press release puts just as much pressure on the players as it does the BOD.
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm RB, whoever has leaked, Club employee / agent, is out of order. Whoever it is at the Clubs needs reprimanding as it is damaging to the Club.........
What about if it was leaked from the top?
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:08 pm What a mess.

The changes to the coaching team create a touch of optimism that we might be heading in the right direction, but this puts us even further back.
It might also be exactly what we need.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm
Why does it have to be a player?
The press release puts just as much pressure on the players as it does the BOD.
True but it doesn’t benefit the club adding extra uncertainty. It may, only may, benefit unions negotiating on players behalf’s
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

And we’re not going to be the only club in this situation. If players feel it is in their best interest to leave, let them, finish the season with what we have, and use those 4 months to recruit all the free agent players that are going to be available who haven’t got clubs
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

And we’re not going to be the only club in this situation. If players feel it is in their best interest to leave, let them, finish the season with what we have, and use those 4 months to recruit all the free agent players that are going to be available who haven’t got clubs
More fool the leavers, unless they have already lined up a move, in which case we wouldn't want them anyway. Frankly I am appalled, all the clubs are in dire situations (and I wonder if Sale and Mr Money have done some Sarries style deals), and becoming a free agent may well mean Ealing or scaffolding next!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.