Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Pat Howard Interview

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6H9Wzn51Dg

Excellent watch.
Feels like it was hopefully a game changer for Simon Cohen to bring Pat in for a review.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Pat Howard Interview

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Totally agree it was a good interview and pleasing words about Simon Cohen at the start but I cannot help thinking that Pat's change of direction recommendations resulted in Simon and others leaving prior to Steve Borthwick's arrival.
Perhaps that is my interpretation but it is well worth the watching ~ thankyou Bondi again. :smt041
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It sounds like it needed some straight talking from Paddy to bang heads together, including the senior players very tellingly..
The club really wanted him back full time by the sound of it.
Never really been replaced on or off the field.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

To be honest, the club never wanted him to go in the first place but unfortunately it was unavoidable.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

It was Cohen, not Tom, who brought Paddy Howard in. He knew it would result in significant change - including a change of CEO. Most, almost all, of the changes we've seen recently to both playing and coaching staff were initiated by Cohen and, latterly, Howard. The legacy will be winning the Premiership - hopefully.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Really good inciteful interview. Very rare to find a man with a combination of expert rugby and commercial knowledge, and would still bleed tigers colours.
It’s out there what is required let’s hope everyone from the Chairman downwards buys into it.

Let’s have that word CLARITY emblazoned large at WELFORD ROAD and OVAL PARK
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Good and interesting interview
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Must admit to being initially sceptical - the police policing themselves.However genuine change has occurred , much of it what the supporters have been calling for , so we can only be hopeful and buy in.Everything in both sport and life is cyclical , and whilst we wont suddenly become world beaters overnight the groundwork has been done to start moving in the right direction again.It is the hardest thing to re discover what you once had , especially when there was no, one governing factor - all that tends to happen is that you cast around in ever increasing desperation as a downward spiral ensues.The notion of 'clarity' should see The Club moving in the right direction once again.
Well worth watching and listening to.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6H9Wzn51Dg

Excellent watch.
Feels like it was hopefully a game changer for Simon Cohen to bring Pat in for a review.
Pat Howards report and it's implementation was hopefully the game changer
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Does it really matter whether it was Simon Cohen or Peter Tom who brought him back in? What matters is that he wrote a hard-hitting review that has spurred real positive change into the club.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:37 am Does it really matter whether it was Simon Cohen or Peter Tom who brought him back in? What matters is that he wrote a hard-hitting review that has spurred real positive change into the club.
I think it matters simply in the context of the appalling slagging Cohen used to get on here, from some posters, and the almost hysterical and occasionally much darker comments on other forums/FB.
The other thing that Pat's interview did was firm up what I was told by my then contact in the club, that some players had too much sway.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:37 am Does it really matter whether it was Simon Cohen or Peter Tom who brought him back in? What matters is that he wrote a hard-hitting review that has spurred real positive change into the club.
I very much doubt that such a major decision would have been made without both being involved. Either Cohen will have gone to Tom and said I think we should speak to Paddy, or Tom will have instructed Cohen to get ahold of Paddy. Either way they would both of been involved
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Either way, why does it matter who is to blame or who deserves credit? The important thing is the solution.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm
I think it matters simply in the context of the appalling slagging Cohen used to get on here, from some posters, and the almost hysterical and occasionally much darker comments on other forums/FB.
The other thing that Pat's interview did was firm up what I was told by my then contact in the club, that some players had too much sway.
Completely agree - it matters in the interests of fairness, albeit after Cohen has gone. He was first and foremost a fan and it would be nice to think he could return as such without the vile abuse he and his wife endured.

As to those players who didn't quite live some of the values that were part of the 'Tigers way' - there was a frank exchange of views!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:08 pm
jgriffin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm
Completely agree - it matters in the interests of fairness, albeit after Cohen has gone. He was first and foremost a fan and it would be nice to think he could return as such without the vile abuse he and his wife endured.

As to those players who didn't quite live some of the values that were part of the 'Tigers way' - there was a frank exchange of views!
Good to hear!