Glynn and Mele leaving the club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Glynn and Mele leaving the club

Post by kpj tiger »

Apparently budget related but I can't help but feel Glynn was vulnerable since Cohen went
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/re ... rs-academy
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Glynn and Mele leaving the club

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Seems that way; the higher up the chain someone is the bigger the saving the club will make. Sounds reasonable that the DoR takes Glynn’s role in this case. He wouldn’t have been on a small salary.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Never convinced over Mr Glynn's competency, that said wish him and his family all the best for the future. David Mele seems a classic case of last in first out, necessitated by the coronavirus fiscal damage.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sapajo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:58 pm Never convinced over Mr Glynn's competency, that said wish him and his family all the best for the future. David Mele seems a classic case of last in first out, necessitated by the coronavirus fiscal damage.
I think Glynn was perfect for the job he was eventually in; there can be no doubt he supervised several years of both excellent selection and performance for the academy.

His previous role was arguably too broad though.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It's a logical move with money being tight.
Who knows what may happen in the future when things are more stable.
Wilks is excellent in his role and so things shouldn't really change.

Still hope that one day we might be able to get Jamie Taylor back in a higher position.

Does make everyone's role a lot more obvious than it was when we first announced Borthwick though.
nasher

Post by nasher »

Will they be the last? It seems to be logically economic, my sympathy to both men but will it be the end or will there be more before the AGM.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Best wishes to both in these difficult times..
Guess we all would like something to return to...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

It is always very sad to see staff leave and given this terrible pandemic and little income then pruning is unfortunately necessary.Whilst I am not sure of David Mele's full role in the coaching I wish him well in the future and suggests if he is to return to France he goes before Macron retaliates with the isolation.
I always found Ged Glynn very approachable at the Open Forums and felt that he had found the right role in the development of players. Thankyou for the good debates we had and I do wish you well in the external environment beyond Tigers.