Super User

Review recommends change in attitude to restore trust in Premiership clubs

Post by ourla »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Review recommends change in attitude to restore trust in Premiership clubs

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The bullet points certainly make interesting reading...players could also receive sanction, retrospectively that might of made some players from Sarries unavailable for loan moves.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wouldn’t disagree with it at all, especially the insidious culture at the top of the game.
2 things have to happen for me, firstly get rid of the marquee player scheme. Secondly the premiership has to get rid of this unanimous vote rule in order for anything to be changed. Trouble is they would need all 13 clubs to agree and I can think of one club in the south west who never would
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Would only confirm the suspicions and the gut feelings of many.As for the proposed sanctions - anything to help but unless we all really want change truth and openness will be in short supply.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I guess a question might be if there are only good owners in rugby why do need this but presumably that is not the case - so why would they agree to it.

Or perhaps more sympathetically.... the owners have felt compelled to act in a certain way. And taking stock, everyone can realise we've ended up in a place we didn't want to be. So let's correct it together in an harmonious way.

Hopefully it's more the latter.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Mark62 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 am Wouldn’t disagree with it at all, especially the insidious culture at the top of the game.
2 things have to happen for me, firstly get rid of the marquee player scheme. Secondly the premiership has to get rid of this unanimous vote rule in order for anything to be changed. Trouble is they would need all 13 clubs to agree and I can think of one club in the south west who never would
If you can get the other 12, or even 10 or 11, to feel that strongly they can all resign and set up a breakaway league. Then the club you didn't name can either acquiesce or look to join one of the other leagues. There is always some horsetrading that can be done.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 am Wouldn’t disagree with it at all, especially the insidious culture at the top of the game.
As the report makes clear unanimous votes are what is needed to change the rules at late notice. (After Oct 31 for the next season). A 10/13 vote (i.e. 75%) is required to change regulations normally.

This is very sensible as it stops the teams ganging up on a club part way through a season.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sk 88 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm
As the report makes clear unanimous votes are what is needed to change the rules at late notice. (After Oct 31 for the next season). A 10/13 vote (i.e. 75%) is required to change regulations normally.

This is very sensible as it stops the teams ganging up on a club part way through a season.
Thanks for that
nasher

Post by nasher »

The report is excellent , exposes most if not all the malpractice within the premiership and is correct that it is “all or nothing”. I am however a little uneasy about the reaction of PRL, I read yesterday but cannot find it now comments that they would cherry pick the changes. It may have been genuine or fake news from the media but I believe the comment has now been withdrawn.