Post by kpj tiger »

David Abell and Ian Walker to both retire

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/le ... etirements
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: More changes to the board

Post by johnthegriff »

Really sorry Ian Walker has left the Board, I have known Ian for a long time from being a supplier to the club and from meeting him at many away venues where as a Tiger's fan he was regularly there supporting his and our team. David Able has been a long term Director who seemed like a decent bloke and on occasion took the chair when Peter Tom was unavailable. Both have been great servants to our club.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

The make-up of the Board at the next AGM will be very different from that of last year.
You would like to think that the retirement of these two long-standing Club men at this turbulent time is nothing more than coincidence, and they have decided it is time to put their feet up after puttting in big shifts, but who knows?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

With these two departures following that of SC, it’s clear who is pulling the strings!
Valhalla I am coming!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

fleabane wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:21 pm With these two departures following that of SC, it’s clear who is pulling the strings!
If I were the new CEO I’d want to be appointing my new FD and not letting anyone else do it. But I’m guessing that’s not what you meant Fleabane?

With SC’s departure we are going to see whether he was as much to blame as some here would like to say. My own guess is not nearly so much as the anti SC lot would have us believe.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

fleabane wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:21 pm With these two departures following that of SC, it’s clear who is pulling the strings!
He always was!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Grimlish wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 pm
If I were the new CEO I’d want to be appointing my new FD and not letting anyone else do it. But I’m guessing that’s not what you meant Fleabane?

With SC’s departure we are going to see whether he was as much to blame as some here would like to say. My own guess is not nearly so much as the anti SC lot would have us believe.
I'm an unashamed member of the 'anti SC lot', not because of some irrational personal dislike of his fashion sense, or because of the school he went as a boy, but as an excellent poster noted earlier in the year:

'Simon Cohen was appointed CEO in November 2013 since when there has been a continuous year on year decline in the three critical measures of league points, season tickets sales and profit: Such sustained deterioration across the board signals a failing Club. The Club has implicitly accepted this by the decision to sell.

The problem is that the sale price of £60m, at a time when the club is failing, is much higher than ascribed to it when it was successful. At a value of £60m, Tom Scott’s 46% shareholding would be worth around £27m, a profit of c £18m over my estimate of his investment at between £8m to £10m. Something is wrong here. The danger is that the high price being sought together with continuing deterioration will make it impossible to achieve a sale.'

If you aren't going to assess the competence of a CEO of one of the world's leading professional rugby club on the measures listed above, then just tell me what measures I should use, and I'll re-evaluate my opinion.

Expressing a lack of confidence in him has nothing to do with the reported abuse he and his family have faced from time to time which is completely unacceptable.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Excellent post Traveller.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean if the CEO has no responsibility to the current situation.
You got to ask what was he doing?

I struggle to believe for example that his friend Glynn taking his old position as Head of rugby operations despite not having much experience dealing with agents and player contracts etc (Which in all honestly I think was a massive fault and reason for the speed of the decline) had little to do with Cohen either.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

From records on companies house Abell actually resigned(retired) from the board a week before Cohen left.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!