Simon Cohen leaves with immediate effect

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Simon Cohen leaves with immediate effect

Post by Traveller »

I guess the axe fell when someone asked him a question, and he (the CEO) replied "I'm not responsible for that.........." just one too many times.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 pm Agree congratulations to Andrea, everyone seems to speak very highly of her.

One of the posters on here, it may be Strawclearer, apologies if it isn’t, does sometimes hint he has inside information, it would be interesting to get their take
I've no 'inside information' so I can speculate with the best of them!

I've always felt that there should be a greater demarcation between the Business and the Rugby. Maybe Peter Tom - who'll be behind this - is of the same mind.

Once the restructuring of the rugby organisation had been done - which I guess it largely has now and I think we can thank SC for that - there were 3 people filling 2 jobs imho. We need one person to run the business and one person to run the rugby - so there wasn't room for a CEO and a COO. Andrea would seem to be the Board's choice to run the business.

I doubt it's as simple as that, of course!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Best news from Tigers for a long long time. Now at last we can move onward and upward.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

strawclearer wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:21 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 pm Agree congratulations to Andrea, everyone seems to speak very highly of her.

One of the posters on here, it may be Strawclearer, apologies if it isn’t, does sometimes hint he has inside information, it would be interesting to get their take

I've always felt that there should be a greater demarcation between the Business and the Rugby. Maybe Peter Tom - who'll be behind this - is of the same mind.

Once the restructuring of the rugby organisation had been done - which I guess it largely has now and I think we can thank SC for that - there were 3 people filling 2 jobs imho. We need one person to run the business and one person to run the rugby - so there wasn't room for a CEO and a COO. Andrea would seem to be the Board's choice to run the business.

I must admit to previously thinking that the jobs of CEO and COO must overlap.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:26 pm

It largely depends on the size / complexity of the business but, typically, a CEO should have 2 targets:

1. Grow the business (by a specified criteria)
2. Organise and motivate the organisation to achieve 1.

These two things are sometimes split between the CEO (1) and the COO (2).
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Wow! I’m amazed and pleased. Congratulations to Andrea - so now the top four positions in Europe are held by women (Angela Merkel, Ursula von der Layen, Christine Langrange and now Andrea). In case anyone gets the wrong idea, that is a joke. Well, partly.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:26 pm

I always had the same thoughts when Peter Wheeler was in his later roles.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I have never met Simon Cohen, and can therefore only go on what I read.
I wonder how many people not just on here, but on social media platforms, can say they have met him and can justify some of the nasty comments that have been written.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:35 pm
I wonder how many people not just on here, but on social media platforms, can say they have met him and can justify some of the nasty comments that have been written.
Blimey Mark62 we agree about the nasty remarks, some which led to me asking if Admin was doing his job. I think some reacted to myths, some reacted to the name, some are just blamers. Whatever, thanks and good luck.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

jgriffin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:35 pm
Blimey Mark62 we agree about the nasty remarks, some which led to me asking if Admin was doing his job. I think some reacted to myths, some reacted to the name, some are just blamers. Whatever, thanks and good luck.
I’m sure you’re right, nothing like finding a good bandwagon to jump on.
Whatever his faults or past issues no one deserves the amount of flack some are throwing in his direction
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I met and spoke to Simon many times and always found him to be a straight forward sort of person who was open and honest with me. He cared about Tigers and I am sure was hurt by some of the comment directed at him due to Board decisions.
Of course he was not perfect, I believe Simon was one that pushed for the sale of the club which of course fell through but looking at all the extra tiers of management we now have on the rugby and on the admin side he maybe engineered his way out of the club leaving no room for him and an Executive Chairman.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

If there was/is an overlap of SC's role with that of AP - can someone explain some of the differences between the roles of McGinty and Glynn. I believe GG is more involved with development/Academy squads and JM with the 1st team but I mat be wrong
Jan McGinity ------------> Head of Elite Performance Recruitment
Ged Glynn ----------------> Head of Performance Pathway and Talent Identification
Hehehehehehehehe
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Congratulations to Andrea Pinchen.
Got here on merit and a passion for the club .
It shows the club is committed to change and progress. Inspired - Good luck Andrea. :smt038 :smt038
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

The list of posters who claim inside information is a massive one. Get the salt cellar ready!