Adam Thompstone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Adam Thompstone

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Given the player-churn of recent years, Thompstone's 8 years with the club is testament to his impact.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sad news,a top,top player. Good luck Adam!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

As most have said, sad to see him go, always seemed to have a little bit of magic in his boots, always got my heart rate up ball in hand and calmed it when he squared up an opposition attacker.

I'll always remember going absolutely nuts in the top of the stand in Treviso as he ran in a try nearly the length of the soggy pitch in 2012 to the possible annoyance or amusement of Bleddyn Jones...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I loved it when he smashed Paul Hill!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Small article in this weeks Rugby Paper (31/5/20) ....
Officially out of contract on June 30 , and although spoken to a number of clubs prior to the full effects of Covid 19 becoming apparent has nothing now lined up.Intimates that the (imposed) rest has both refreshed and re invigorated him and believes that he has one 'good' contract left in him but the situation at present has resulted in both himself and others simply being left in limbo as clubs in the first two tiers of (English) professional Rugby struggle with financial uncertainty.Prepared to continue his playing career abroad if the right opportunity came calling.
Apparently graduated in law last September and is undertaking some courses in finance whilst unable to play so at least has - and is thankful for - a fall back option.Spoke well of the RPA (Rugby Players Association) during the current situation but insists that he would like to end his playing career in the correct manner rather that have it enforced .
Again ,wish him all the best for the future and thank him for the memories.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

What a great guy who led by example.

Good luck and thank you Adam. :smt023
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »