LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by sk 88 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:43 pm I think if the club is to fund Train and cab fares they will all count on the salary cap and as benefit in kind. Our training tends to be from about 10.00 am until about 3,00 pm four days a week with variations depending on when matches are played, a different schedule if games are on a Friday Saturday or Sunday, this of course is for the first team but Development benefit greatly by training with the first team, of course there is an effect if the younger guys are involved in a Monday night fixture.
Life was so much simpler when training was 7,00 till 9.00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays with games at 3.00pm Saturday.
I am keeping well, I thank those that have expressed good wishes and hope they too are all staying safe. I too want to get back to my seat in the Crumbie, I am fed up with standing in line at Aldi being the highlight of my week, I am also fed up with receiving texts, letters and emails telling me not to go out, I refuse to accept an opinion that declares me old and vulnerable no matter how well intended that opinion is.
Academy players only count in the cap if they earn more than £30k in a year. After that they come into a complicated system of academy credits, meaning they are effectively outside the cap until they earn more than £50k.

Glad to hear you are keeping well, hope to see you at the next forum meeting soon!
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

There is a 100K academy ceiling though, for players who do not fall under the home grown players.

Granted this is a lot of talk for a U18 who would be on loan next season regardless of location.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:06 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:08 pm Marcus Watson would be a good signing.
Agreed. I'd be very happy with either Watson or Lewington from that list. The rest, not so much.
I'm not convinced our valuation of Lewington would match his own.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Has anything been confirmed with regards to Nick Isiekwe's future?

Muppetry being caught breaking the lockdown rules aside he would still fit into the squad pretty perfectly as a lock and lineout leader.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

strawclearer wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:51 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:06 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:08 pm Marcus Watson would be a good signing.
Agreed. I'd be very happy with either Watson or Lewington from that list. The rest, not so much.
I'm not convinced our valuation of Lewington would match his own.
I was thinking about that. Given Exeter, Bath and Bristol are the only sides likely to be spending up to the cap next season, all of which are strong in the back three, Lewington is unattached at a really inopportune time. As a 28 year old winger he would have been hoping for the biggest contract of his career as well. Timings a....
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Seems that Alemanno is still keen on a move to a European club....

http://www.cordobaxv.com.ar/matias-alem ... en-europa/

Also with the new rules in France, Beka Gorgadze would be a good and reasonably priced addition in the backrow.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 am Seems that Alemanno is still keen on a move to a European club....

http://www.cordobaxv.com.ar/matias-alem ... en-europa/

Also with the new rules in France, Beka Gorgadze would be a good and reasonably priced addition in the backrow.
The translation reads: "Unmissable talk with the second line born in La Tablada that since its call to Los Pumitas in 2010 did not stop growing."

You don't think the translator's had a hand in the latest Govt guidelines on social distancing, do you?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It's like the translation of French into English of deuxième ligne literally translates as second line. I know your comment was lighthearted but rugby meanings don't often translate directly.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Noticed Joe Heyes is apparently being monitored by Wales in addition to Reffell. hadn't been aware of his dual qualifications before!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-18232251
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

happywomble wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:16 pm Noticed Joe Heyes is apparently being monitored by Wales in addition to Reffell. hadn't been aware of his dual qualifications before!

Do what Exeter did. In their next contracts give them a clause with unlimited 1-3 year extension options. Hence they can play for Wales and still play for Tigers.

Reffell will always play for Wales at some point. Can’t see Heyes ever being in the red shirt, if he carries on he’ll more than likely get some England caps.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So we have had so far in the last 12 months
Board of Director
CEO: Pinchen -----> Cohen
Non-Executives IN
Petar Cvetkovic, Duncan Green, Fintan Kennedy
Non- Executives OUT
Terry Gateley, Lord Digby Jones

Management
Geordan Murphy -----> Moved to DOR
Steve Borthwick ------> Geordan Murphy as Head Coach and Mark Bakewell as Forwards Coach
Mike Ford ----------------> Phil Blake as Defence Coach
Rob Taylor ---------------> Mike Ford as Attack Coach
Aled Walters -----------> Alex Martin as Head of Physical Performance
Jan McGinity ------------> Head of Elite Performance Recruitment
Ged Glynn ----------------> Head of Performance Pathway and Talent Identification
Matt Smith --------------> Anthony Allen as Academy Head Coach
David Mele --------------> Academy Backs Coach
Greg Mannion ---------> Jamie Taylor as Junior Academy Manager

A lot of movement in the background.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:29 pm
happywomble wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:16 pm Noticed Joe Heyes is apparently being monitored by Wales in addition to Reffell. hadn't been aware of his dual qualifications before!

Do what Exeter did. In their next contracts give them a clause with unlimited 1-3 year extension options. Hence they can play for Wales and still play for Tigers.

Reffell will always play for Wales at some point. Can’t see Heyes ever being in the red shirt, if he carries on he’ll more than likely get some England caps.
Agree on Reffell but there are rumours that the WRU are giving assurance of game time that Tigers historically, and rightly IMO, haven't done. I hope Reffell stays. The sort of player to build a pack around.

Cardiff and WRU were in talks for Heyes earlier this season I believe. At the moment he has no interest of playing for Wales. I actually think a couple out of Painter, Heyes and Marcus Street will be capped in the next couple of years. England need tighthead depth and all are very talented.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

ABClub wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:19 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:29 pm

Agree on Reffell but there are rumours that the WRU are giving assurance of game time that Tigers historically, and rightly IMO, haven't done. I hope Reffell stays. The sort of player to build a pack around.

Cardiff and WRU were in talks for Heyes earlier this season I believe. At the moment he has no interest of playing for Wales. I actually think a couple out of Painter, Heyes and Marcus Street will be capped in the next couple of years. England need tighthead depth and all are very talented.
Agreed, Heyes and Painter are the long term options for England at tighthead. Stuart and Williams are just stop gaps until they come through.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I can understand what people say about Heyes but for me he still has a little way to go.
As the season progressed he seemed to slip to 3rd choice behind Lady Gaga.
With Borthwicks arrival, and Cole turning 33 imo this has to be his push on season or he may be overtaken
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Of course he has a way to go.
Not many 21 year old Tightheads are fully ready