Mike Biggar

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Mike Biggar

Post by mightymouse »

For those of you old enough to remember Mike Biggar, who played for London Scottish and Scotland throughout much of the 1970s, you may be interested in his current challenge.
Mike (now in his 70s) was involved in a very serious car accident in the 1990s which after several weeks in a coma left him wheelchair bound and with some damage to his brain.
Anyway Mike has been inspired by Captain Tom and and his exploits hurtling round his garden 100 times.
Mikes challenge is to walk 500 steps ... a massive effort for a fellow who has been in a wheel chair for well over 20 years. The money he raises will of course go to the NHS charity related to the Covid 19 pandemic.
If you want to see how he is getting on the just google Mike Biggar and Just giving and you will see his remarkable efforts.
Last time I looked he was trying to raise 50 grand and had reached about 40k
You may be keen to support this great star of yesteryear and his heroic efforts for a great cause.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Mike Biggar

Post by Mark62 »

Committed back rower with a lack of hair as I remember.
Wasn’t aware of the accident but what a wonderful effort to raise funds in these awful times
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Yep .. Mike was one of those folically challenged gentlemen much like myself ... and he used to look about 50 when he was playing and was probably in his late 20s or early 30s. Good honest back row forward.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thank you for sharing this!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni