Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Post by JP14 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:38 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 am The Premier league went more or less without a hitch, as long as the environments stay bio-secure and players remain sensible then touch wood this won't be too affected by the virus.
The close contact time in professional football is actually very low:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -suggests/

I thought there had been a study done for rugby but can't find it. I would bet that the contact time is surprisingly low for the backs.
It has nothing to do with the contact time really, they should be bio-secure environments, regularly tested, don't be like the Aberdeen footballers by going to the bar or breaking quarantine. They could have 60 minutes of close contact on the pitch and it wouldn't matter because they shouldn't have the virus if they have adhered to the rules.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

JP14 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:02 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:38 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 am The Premier league went more or less without a hitch, as long as the environments stay bio-secure and players remain sensible then touch wood this won't be too affected by the virus.
The close contact time in professional football is actually very low:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -suggests/

I thought there had been a study done for rugby but can't find it. I would bet that the contact time is surprisingly low for the backs.
It has nothing to do with the contact time really, they should be bio-secure environments, regularly tested, don't be like the Aberdeen footballers by going to the bar or breaking quarantine. They could have 60 minutes of close contact on the pitch and it wouldn't matter because they shouldn't have the virus if they have adhered to the rules.
But the teams aren't in biosecure environments. They are just being tested regularly. The point is if one prop catches it then the whole front row is likely to catch it, unlike it football where even if one player does then the rest of the squad should be fine as the contact time is low (see Athletico Madrid situation a few days ago).
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yesterday the latest rounds of Premiership testing came up with just one player testing positive, so whilst we need to remain absolutely cautious we're still ok.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni