Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bundy

Re: Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Post by Bundy »

I see that crowds may be back in stadiums in October - not sure these days what season we will be in then??!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just said that they would trial crowds at some events including a couple of county cricket matches.
So 2 men and their dog will be a good indicator :smt017
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 pm Just said that they would trial crowds at some events including a couple of county cricket matches.
So 2 men and their dog will be a good indicator :smt017
I'm not sure the two elderly men will be able to make it, so it'll probably just be the dog.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Without getting too far ahead , next season:

https://lastwordonrugby.com/2020/07/10/ ... vember-21/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I personally believe that how Prem Rugby have handled the restart has been near disgraceful, potentially if they could have pulled their finger out a restart of 3rd July could have been possible but they spent too long dithering about return-to-training with weeks wasted when the government had given the go-ahead for professional teams to resume. So we now have a situation where we’re trying to cram the rest of the 2019-20 season from August 15, if I was Prem Rugby I would have just cancelled this season and started the next one slightly earlier from said date.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Provisional/possible Six nations dates proposed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53504265
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

The opening salvos of the resumed season are going to be fascinating. Seeing how opponents have fared relatively in terms of personnel, fitness and conditioning, strategy and form will make for an extraordinary spectacle but I guess we should be prepared for a potentially ugly, error-strewn, stop-start beginning which will infuriate the rugby purists.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:21 pm I personally believe that how Prem Rugby have handled the restart has been near disgraceful, potentially if they could have pulled their finger out a restart of 3rd July could have been possible but they spent too long dithering about return-to-training with weeks wasted when the government had given the go-ahead for professional teams to resume. So we now have a situation where we’re trying to cram the rest of the 2019-20 season from August 15, if I was Prem Rugby I would have just cancelled this season and started the next one slightly earlier from said date.
Ah but if the season is cancelled, that may mean Saracens can’t be relegated. Let’s not take that risk!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:21 pm I personally believe that how Prem Rugby have handled the restart has been near disgraceful, potentially if they could have pulled their finger out a restart of 3rd July could have been possible but they spent too long dithering about return-to-training with weeks wasted when the government had given the go-ahead for professional teams to resume. So we now have a situation where we’re trying to cram the rest of the 2019-20 season from August 15, if I was Prem Rugby I would have just cancelled this season and started the next one slightly earlier from said date.
Ah but if the season is cancelled, that may mean Saracens can’t be relegated. Let’s not take that risk!!
The one thing that has been set in stone is that Saracens will be relegated as has been mentioned on here many times before.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Has it? I’ve not seen anything official and not really seen much in here about it. Ah well.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:49 pm Has it? I’ve not seen anything official and not really seen much in here about it. Ah well.
"Premiership Rugby confirmed on 18 January 2020 that Saracens Rugby Club will be relegated at the end of the 2019-2020 season."
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/u ... rugby-club

Looked this up along with loads more and then realised your comment was probably sarcasm although I wouldn't look on here for 'official'.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Only two Premiership players (from different clubs) have had a positive coronavirus test in the latest round of testing, getting a lot better.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

h's dad wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:49 pm Has it? I’ve not seen anything official and not really seen much in here about it. Ah well.
"Premiership Rugby confirmed on 18 January 2020 that Saracens Rugby Club will be relegated at the end of the 2019-2020 season."
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/u ... rugby-club

Looked this up along with loads more and then realised your comment was probably sarcasm although I wouldn't look on here for 'official'.
No I meant I’ve seen nothing to say that if the season was cancelled, then Saracens would still be relegated or not be relegated.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Just read the report of the trial held at the Oval yesterday with some spectators. Looks promising and maybe we will have fans at Rugby soon - let's hope!!
I believe with the social distancing in place yesterday, it looks like approximately 20% utilisation of seats. If this is the model going forward then assuming current capacity of WR at 25000 then c. 5000 fans attending. With 15000 season tickets sold that means get to see 1 in 3 home games assuming share out games between all season ticket holders.
Should the club start consultation with both season ticket holders and other supporters to work up an allocation protocol?? Clearly cannot please everyone but maybe there is an acceptable route through this.