Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Post by Tiglon »

Yeah I think a lot of clubs have used furlough. It was mentioned for Tigers when the 25% pay cuts etc were reported back in March/April.

Also, employees can undertake training whilst on furlough. I'm 99.9% sure the furlough rules don't distinguish between fitness training and hands on training :smt017
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

I hope it is not so, players on x00,000 per season getting gov't support, :censored:!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The furlough system was brought in to protect businesses and jobs...wages are limited to 80% of an employees monthly salary up to a maximum of £2500.....some clubs have not had the ability to pay the money so have used the scheme....I believe that Newcastle are one club to use it.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 pm Yeah I think a lot of clubs have used furlough. It was mentioned for Tigers when the 25% pay cuts etc were reported back in March/April.

Also, employees can undertake training whilst on furlough. I'm 99.9% sure the furlough rules don't distinguish between fitness training and hands on training :smt017
Employees are not allowed to work when furloughed. It would probably be argued that for pro players, coached training is work
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

northerntiger wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 am
Tiglon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 pm Yeah I think a lot of clubs have used furlough. It was mentioned for Tigers when the 25% pay cuts etc were reported back in March/April.

Employees are not allowed to work when furloughed. It would probably be argued that for pro players, coached training is work
They can't do anything that provides a service for their employer or generates income for their employer. They can undertake training.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 am
northerntiger wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 am

They can't do anything that provides a service for their employer or generates income for their employer. They can undertake training.
HMRC seem to be hardening their position against allowing training for professional sports under furlough:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... lls-resume
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Thanks for that, I must admit it does seem only fair.
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

I know that an international player at Sarries. He's been furloughed s can only imagine a lot of his colleagues have too
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Stage 2 (contact training) to begin Monday 6th July:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premiers ... rt-update/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:13 am Stage 2 (contact training) to begin Monday 6th July:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premiers ... rt-update/
Excellent news.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

10 people tested positive out of 800 tested
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53336575

Not very high numbers but is much higher than the ~ 1 in 2000 estimated as average for the country as a whole.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RugbyPass reporting a “hitch” with 6 players tested positive, absolute clickbait nonsense the Premier league had similar figures initially in their first rounds of testing & it didn’t affect their resumption at all!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Provisional dates for European competition now set :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53431817

Believe finals venue yet to be re confirmed.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

9 positive coronavirus (7 players) tests in the latest round of testing in the Premiership, a reduction of one from last week’s.