Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Provisional Premiership Return Date ?

Post by JP14 »

Interesting read, depends on how well you can get back to premium muscle strength for the front rowers, like Care in the article I too on this forum have highlighted the massive differences because of different resources available to train at home. I think uncontested scrums will have to be for a little while, just as long as some form of rugby is back and the money is coming back in I don’t care once we can safely play.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

French government have now ended all leagues and domestic competitions for this season. As we are behind them in the epidemic curve it is impossible to see how the game can resume here.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed !
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:35 pm Just seen on Facebook a picture of Baths Rec and the whole pitch looks as though it is in the process of being reseeded..........guess if that is the case, they may know more than what is being said publicly.
If it’s the pic doing the rounds it’s too far away to tell if it’s been seeded or they are laying completely new turf grown elsewhere (as we’ve done more recently)

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:08 pm One of the other issues is that the Ambulance Service will need to be available for matches which may be a barrier to a restart.
Presumably why they are touting 3 or so matches at a single venue on a given day. 2 lots of stadium/match support staff for a day’s matches as opposed to 6.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Matches could be behind closed doors till 2021 according to the Torygraph.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Bath I believe do not have use of the pitch area after the end of May so the current close down is an opportunity for them to improve their pitch, it certainly needs it.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:33 am Matches could be behind closed doors till 2021 according to the Torygraph.
I read that JP.
The French have gone down the route of cancelling all sport, I believe until September, and I would expect the UK to follow suit.

I suppose the issue is looking at it purely pandemic wise, is that even if you played behind closed doors you would be looking at a minimum of 100 people being required at the ground.
Media coverage would be great, but for BT to cover a game they must require dozens of people to deal with the broadcast
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Unfortunately, it will all come to a point when the money starts to talk.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bath have made an official announcement regarding the reseeding of the pitch:
Whilst our non-essential operations have understandably come to a pause, the compulsory work to renovate the playing surface and repair drainage systems at the Rec has been able to commence.

It became apparent earlier during this season that the existing drainage system had degraded earlier than anticipated, resulting in a playing surface which struggled to meet the demands of the professional game, in particular with the unprecedented wet conditions endured for many months. The drainage system is now being replaced and enhanced to provide the appropriate pitch standards required for the top-flight domestic and European competitions, taking account of the Rec’s unique topography and riverside location.

The work was originally planned to take place during the summer months when no rugby was expected to be played. However, with uncertainty around exact dates of season recommencement, but the potential of a lot of rugby to be played to see out the remainder of the 2019/20 season, it is crucial that this renovation was able to be fit into the current period of inactivity.

The nature of all work being undertaken has been approved as safe and appropriate in light of existing government guidelines.
Certainly sounds like they’re confident of the season recommencing, I hope they’re right.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I just can't see how this season can be completed and next season not over run. I understand the clubs are in perilous financial positions so need the income but it doesn't look possible.
I'm guessing they want the govt to call things off.
To me they should just write off this seasons prem, euro comps, summer ints and six nations missed fixtures and just work out how to ensure next season is completed because a vaccine isn't likely until next year.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

How about a 7's tournament to finish the remaining games?

I know it won't happen, but it would be a lot of fun to watch and far more achievable.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:43 pm How about a 7's tournament to finish the remaining games?

I know it won't happen, but it would be a lot of fun to watch and far more achievable.
I was thinking something similar. Who knows?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Premier League Football are to have “discussions” with the government next week about the return of football behind closed doors similar to the Bundesliga in Germany potentially returning mid-June.

Do you think Rugby will be in the conversation?
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Pro14 is harder to organise in the current circumstances because of the travel issues, if I was them I would just try and start the next season as planned.