Jonah Holmes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Jonah Holmes

Post by newport tiger »

There is a piece in Wales online linking Jonah with a potential move to the Dragons so that he can further his international career. I hope this is just a case of lazy journalist speculation rather than fact. Sorry i did try and copy the link but it wouldn't take.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Jonah Holmes

Post by Mark62 »

There are rumours of it in a number of places, Ruck.com for example.

At the moment that’s all they are
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

newport tiger wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:13 am There is a piece in Wales online linking Jonah with a potential move to the Dragons so that he can further his international career. I hope this is just a case of lazy journalist speculation rather than fact. Sorry i did try and copy the link but it wouldn't take.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... h-18114673
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Rumors abound at this time.Hopefully nothing in it.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Has to be just rumours,the board wouldnt be stupid enough to lose May and Holmes surely?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:57 pm Has to be just rumours,the board wouldnt be stupid enough to lose May and Holmes surely?!
Why do you keep blaming the Board for individual player movements Scott. That’s down to Mcginty and Murphy
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:57 pm Has to be just rumours,the board wouldnt be stupid enough to lose May and Holmes surely?!
Depends entirely on when his contract is due to end. We aren't selling him ala football nor can we force him to sign a new contract of he wants to go and fight for his Welsh spot. The WRU are putting a lot of pressure on Welsh players not playing back home, Tomas Francis has already spoken about it with Chiefs unable to exercise another rolling increase like they did last time.

I would be surprised if his contract was up though. We extended his contract in October 2018 which you'd assume would have been an early two year extension to the contract that was due to end in 2019. I thought we had at least another year of Holmes at the club.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm
Depends entirely on when his contract is due to end. We aren't selling him ala football nor can we force him to sign a new contract of he wants to go and fight for his Welsh spot. The WRU are putting a lot of pressure on Welsh players not playing back home, Tomas Francis has already spoken about it with Chiefs unable to exercise another rolling increase like they did last time.

I would be surprised if his contract was up though. We extended his contract in October 2018 which you'd assume would have been an early two year extension to the contract that was due to end in 2019. I thought we had at least another year of Holmes at the club.
Dont think it was 2 years,Murphy said it was a very small extension mate
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:22 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm

Dont think it was 2 years,Murphy said it was a very small extension mate
Source please
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Murphy's quote
"We're not disclosing the length of contract but he is signed in for a little bit longer."
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

My original terminology was out a bit
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:24 pm Murphy's quote
"We're not disclosing the length of contract but he is signed in for a little bit longer."
Fair enough but that could be a relative term, little bit compared to 5 years, we just don’t know.

And this is Murphy saying this not the BOD
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:24 pm Murphy's quote
Fair enough but that could be a relative term, little bit compared to 5 years, we just don’t know.

And this is Murphy saying this not the BOD
Yes,as I said "Murphy's quote "!
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Holmes is a prime candidate to head to Wales.

Why would he not?

He's right on the fringes of the national team and that dream will end if he chooses to extend his contract with us.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I disagree, at the moment Holmes is down in the Welsh pecking order, especially with the emergence of Rees-Zammit and was nowhere near any of Pivac’s squad selections.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni