Good job Burns has left Bath...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Good job Burns has left Bath...

Post by JP14 »

Treated poorly by coaches, underplayed, and now this! Good thing he’s left to go somewhere better in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/flyinggsports/statu ... 96384?s=21
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Good job Burns has left Bath...

Post by kk20gb30 »

A lack of opportunity rather than ability did for Fred at Bath.
He returned 'home' to much herald after the way he played for us but sadly it just never worked out.
Many happy memories.Consistently outstanding for us , wish him all the best on his travels.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I always found he went back to Bath after he left due to problems when he was there early in his career pre Glaws.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I wouldn't mind him coming back here!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:24 pm I wouldn't mind him coming back here!
Very doubtful with us having signed Zack Henry and there being a number of others who can do a job
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:57 pm
Very doubtful with us having signed Zack Henry and there being a number of others who can do a job
Also , Freddie considered himself somewhat harshly treated by Leicester in the deal that saw George Ford return to Welford Road.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think the Top14 could be the making of him, Big Jim and Goodey suggested somewhere like Bordeaux.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:34 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:57 pm
Also , Freddie considered himself somewhat harshly treated by Leicester in the deal that saw George Ford return to Welford Road.
I spoke to him shortly after it had been announced and he wasn’t as you can imagine over the moon. He never had a say in it (much like Slater going to Glaws), I doubt he’d even consider coming back.

A week later we exited Mauger, I’ve not set foot in Welford Road since.

However under Murphy I feel the club is getting its identity back and is starting to look like the Tigers I know and love. I plan to start going to games again this season after a lengthy hiatus.

Shame those upstairs are still there but it doesn’t look like they’ll go anytime soon. Thankfully things seem to be heading in the right direction on the pitch, unfortunately off it there are some hideous characters that some how still hold key roles and have treated very good people badly to protect themselves over the last 6/7 years. Anyway that’s a rant for another day.
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

Spot on; absolutely disgusted the way Burns, Slater and Mauger treated by Tigers hierarchy. Freddie was especially impressive in that he gave his all for the rest of the season after being jettisoned for Ford.
And still Tom and Cohen are at the club despite our being extremely fortunate not to be relegated. To paraphrase, Tigers led by donkeys.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I rate Freddie. He had the foresight to play outside the box and a vision to do the unexpected.
Yes sometimes he fluffed the lines but he played the same style as one Faff de Bock.

He was treated bad by Tigers but even worse by Barff. They possibly wanted a more structured game.
France would love his game and call it Flair - Good luck Freddie :smt023
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Freddie did well at Tigers and would suit the Top 14.

However, if every job you've had has ended badly, perhaps there's something you are doing wrong?
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Would anyone here really choose Burns over Ford? That's one piece of business that I don't criticise the club for.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:59 am Freddie did well at Tigers and would suit the Top 14.

However, if every job you've had has ended badly, perhaps there's something you are doing wrong?
As in all walks of life people remember the bad much more readily than the good.
Freddie is a really good player but his time at Bath will always be remembered for him losing the ball over the line whilst endulging in a bit of show boating
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 am Would anyone here really choose Burns over Ford? That's one piece of business that I don't criticise the club for.
One for the statos...

Freddie Burns

League Standing:
2014/2015 - 3rd
2015/2016 - 4th
2016/2017 - 4th
2017/2018 - 5th

Games Played: 86
Points Scored: 578

George Ford:

League Standing

2009/2010 - 1st*
2010/2011 - 1st
2011/2012 - 2nd
2012/2013 - 2nd*
2018/2019 - 11th
2019/20 - 11th

*= Champions

Games Played: 89
Points Scored: 806
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I loved the end of that season he left,we had started to hit form and were playing some electric rugby! Could be wrong but I believe we won 3/4 on the bounce and I can't remember doing that since. Was it Sale we hammered in his last game at WR and both he and OW scored a try in their farewell games,the atmosphere that day hasnt been topped since imo. Cant help but think what wouldve happend if AM hadve been kept on for the next season!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer