Ticket Refunds

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ticket Refunds

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but does anybody know if/when we are expecting refunds for individual matchday tickets? I had £100 worth of Castres tickets and I'm having trouble getting an answer from the club.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Ticket Refunds

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

There won’t be a refund yet as the game hasn’t been cancelled. Terms and conditions of the ticket purchase is that if the game is postponed and re-arranged that you agree to make the re-arranged date or if you can’t, you don’t get a refund. Only if the game is cancelled will a refund be given.

This link gives you a sentence about it where it says: No decision has been taken on the structure of the remainder of the season, but all Welford Road match tickets will remain valid for any re-arranged fixture dates.

https://tickets.leicestertigers.com/en- ... me-tickets
Last edited by TigerBoy1880 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Ah right got it, cheers.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 am There won’t be a refund yet as the game hasn’t been cancelled. Terms and conditions of the ticket purchase is that if the game is postponed and re-arranged that you agree to make the re-arranged date or if you can’t, you don’t get a refund. Only if the game is cancelled will a refund be given.

This link gives you a sentence about it where it says: No decision has been taken on the structure of the remainder of the season, but all Welford Road match tickets will remain valid for any re-arranged fixture dates.

Hi Tiger Boy Iam not sure if you are correct in stating refunds "Only if the game is cancelled will a refund be given!" As on the rear of my Castres ticket T&Cs item 8 "Tickets are non refundable". So I expect this is a right off. Sorry.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:10 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 am There won’t be a refund yet as the game hasn’t been cancelled. Terms and conditions of the ticket purchase is that if the game is postponed and re-arranged that you agree to make the re-arranged date or if you can’t, you don’t get a refund. Only if the game is cancelled will a refund be given.

Hi Tiger Boy Iam not sure if you are correct in stating refunds "Only if the game is cancelled will a refund be given!" As on the rear of my Castres ticket T&Cs item 8 "Tickets are non refundable". So I expect this is a right off. Sorry.
I haven’t even printed mine! Ah there we go then. In the case of the Castres game, we won’t be getting refunds anyway. I don’t mind that to be fair.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

With out stating the obvious , the answer to this one lies in the fate of this season as a whole.Here we are talking currently about the postponement of one game and its potential financial ramifications.A greater question may concern season tickets - prepaid for by now for (what was) this season and in turn either paid for or being paid currently for the next season.
Until postponement becomes cancellation we have to wait for any definitive word.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Whether this season is a write-off or not, I think those of us that can afford to do so should not ask for refunds to help the club. (actually, thinking about it that must be everyone who bought a ticket. You wouldn't buy a ticket unless you could afford it, right? I mean, the money was already committed)
To broaden this, some council services have been suspended but I don't think any private citizen (I exclude businesses which do not have an income) should ask for a council tax rebate. They need all the help they can get to deliver basic services.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Agree, Old Hob. This time will be difficult enough for the club and I paid for my ticket anyway. If I’d gone away or been ill I wouldn’t have used it unless I transferred it, so the money is gone and I’m fine with that. I’ll do whatever little I can to help MY club
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Leinster scrap season tickets for 2020/21:
https://www.planetrugby.com/leinster-sc ... 21-season/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I have 2 away tickets, which cost £90 for the Exeter match, I don't think I have much chance of getting anything back, but I did get a refund from our hotel booking, Holiday Inn Express, thank you.
I also have 2 x £10 tickets for our Castres match.
Should we still be paying our monthly standing order for our 2 season tickets?
Its all adding up! :smt017
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I think when matches are actually cancelled or played behind closed doors then you will be entitled to a refund, it may also be that if the game is rearranged and you are unable to attend on the new date you will also be refunded. Season ticket payments I am expecting an offer from Tigers possibly including a donation request to help our club.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

If the games get cancelled there is no doubt you will be entitled to your money back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

sensible options by Exeter but only for season ticket holders.
https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/sea ... 920-update
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigers will probably do something similar, I'm guessing the large majority will only want a partial refund at most.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

I'm in a position that I would gift a refund to the club, if that is an option.Obviously not everyone can do this.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..