Ticket Refunds

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ticket Refunds

Post by Cardiff Tig »

trendylfj wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am sensible options by Exeter but only for season ticket holders.
https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/sea ... 920-update
"That said, we have put into place the following contingency plan for Season Ticket Holders and those who have purchased match tickets."
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Could clubs offer subscriptions to season ticket holders to show matches via a secure online platform?
It shouldn't really be an issue for television as season ticket holders would usually be in attendance anyway.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

BFG wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:37 am Could clubs offer subscriptions to season ticket holders to show matches via a secure online platform?
It shouldn't really be an issue for television as season ticket holders would usually be in attendance anyway.
+1
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 am
trendylfj wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am sensible options by Exeter but only for season ticket holders.
"That said, we have put into place the following contingency plan for Season Ticket Holders and those who have purchased match tickets."
That's good, I saw it too, so there is hope I might get a refund for my 2 Exeter match tickets. :smt034
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Tigers already surveyed some members regarding exactly those options plus some questions around future season ticket options - such as a 3 year season ticket,in exchange for other benefits .
APM16

Post by APM16 »

when are we going to hear from Tigers - waiting until season is cancelled? - in event of behind closed door matches
option to donate any refund to Matt Hampson Trust would be nice :smt023

Leicester City info released today
Leicester City can provide supporters with further information on arrangements relative to 2019/20 ticketing, following conditions announced by the Premier League today [Thursday 28 May].

Professional football in England has been suspended since 13 March due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Premier League has now confirmed that, while all parties remain committed to fulfilling the season’s remaining fixtures from 17 June, it is now certain that these fixtures cannot be fulfilled in venues that are open to the public.

In light of this, Leicester City supporters with tickets for the Club’s remaining 2019/20 fixtures are now able to claim a refund, details of which are set out below. At the request of a number of our supporters, there will also be an option to donate a proportion of those refunds to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation.

All current Season Ticket Holders will retain priority over their Season Ticket seats until further information on the 2020/21 season is announced.

Chief Executive Susan Whelan said: “We have been awaiting clarification on the remaining competition format and, while the details of 20/21 Season Tickets are still to be determined, we felt it important today to respond immediately to our fans, and to return monies already paid in this time of need for many.

“We’ve been contacted by a number of supporters expressing a desire to donate to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation and its work supporting our communities through this crisis, which is a kind gesture for those in a position to do so.

“We look forward to welcoming our supporters back to King Power Stadium as soon as it is safe to do so and, in the meantime, will continue to explore new and innovative ways to engage with them and keep them at the heart of everything we do.”

From 9am on Monday 1 June, supporters with an online ticketing account will be able to select from the following options at lcfc.com:

SEASON TICKETS AND SEASONAL PARKING
2019/20 Season Ticket purchasers will be entitled to request a refund equal to 4/19ths of the cost of the Season Tickets they have purchased. Season Ticket purchasers will be able to elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

Applicable refunds/donations related to Seasonal Parking will also be available through this process.

MATCH TICKETS (all competitions) AND MATCH-BY-MATCH PRODUCTS
Purchasers of match tickets for individual home and away matches will be entitled to request a refund equal to the original price of the relevant ticket. This includes all tickets for our postponed Emirates FA Cup quarter final match against Chelsea. Purchasers can elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

Applicable refunds/donations related to match-by-match car parking and Foxes Travel will also be available through this process.

The online refund/donation facility will be available via lcfc.com between Monday 1 and Tuesday 30 June. Refund applications will be processed as soon as possible and no later than 30 July.

Supporter enquiries can be submitted by email to [email protected]. The City Sales Centre will be fielding telephone enquiries from 9am on Monday 1 June on 0344 815 5000 (Option 1), but will remain closed to personal callers.

All hospitality clients will be contacted directly by account managers in the coming days.

The Club would like to extend its appreciation to supporters for their patience and understanding during this uniquely challenging time, and assures its Season Ticket Holders that every possible step will be taken to ensure that further information relating to the 2020/21 season is issued as soon as the Club is able to confirm it.

This Sunday (31 May), the Club will circulate a full step-by-step guide to supporters via email detailing how to either a) claim a full refund, or, b) donate all or a proportion of their ticket fee to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Statement from Wasps.

Premiership Rugby remains committed to completing the 2019/20 season as soon as it is safe to do so.

The Club can confirm, however, that should Covid-19 mean the remaining games of the 2019/20 season need to be played behind closed doors or are cancelled, it will offer current Season Members and Match Ticket purchasers pro-rata credit towards future membership or match ticket purchases. They will also be given an option to donate all or part of their credit balance back to the club, or to apply for a refund.

Options for Season Members & Match Ticket purchasers:

You will be offered pro-rata credit in place of any remaining 2019/20 season matches which are played behind closed doors, at a neutral venue or cancelled. The following options are available to use this credit:

‘Donate’ this amount, or a proportion of it, back to the club, to support Wasps through this very challenging time
As part-payment towards a 2020/21 Season Membership
As payment towards future match ticket and club purchases in 2020/21
For those who prefer, a refund will also be available
All fans who are impacted will be contacted via email with full details once a decision has been made regarding the remaining 2019/20 fixtures. Please do not contact the Ticket Office as it is currently closed.

Seasonal Hospitality Members and those who have purchased matchday hospitality packages will be contacted in due course by a member of the Commercial Team, to advise of the options available. However, the options outlined also apply to those supporters and companies who have purchased hospitality.

Please note that these options will only be available should games be played behind closed doors, at a neutral venue or cancelled.

Stephen Vaughan, Wasps Group CEO said: “By confirming our ticketing contingency plans, we hope to ease any concerns our loyal fans may have and provide some clarity around the questions we have been asked.”

“I hope that our range of solutions will cover off every supporters’ wishes, and rest assured we will communicate any news concerning the 2019/20 season as soon as we are able to. I’d like to thank everybody for their support and also for the continuous well wishes from fans far and wide as we prepare for what lies ahead.”

In addition, Wasps has opted to suspend the launch of its 2020/21 Season Memberships sales in light of the uncertainty surrounding live events due to coronavirus. This decision will be continuously reviewed with a new launch date to be put in place in due course.

Wasps will continue to update our members and fans with information regarding the impact of the Covid-19 virus on the club, as well as the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons, as it becomes available.

Tigers should be announcing soon! I know people will think I. stupid but I’ve written this season’s season ticket off but agree Tigers need to reward loyalty for the new season. My wife and I will renew as we have done for just over 40 years!
Said it before.
Just end this season now: let clubs plan in every way for next season.
There are too many complications involved in trying to play out this season!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:46 pm
Tigers should be announcing soon! I know people will think I. stupid but I’ve written this season’s season ticket off but agree Tigers need to reward loyalty for the new season. My wife and I will renew as we have done for just over 40 years!
Said it before.
Just end this season now: let clubs plan in every way for next season.
There are too many complications involved in trying to play out this season!
And I'm sure Tigers will announce things when they are good and ready.

As I mentioned above, the club have already surveyed a number of members (those who are on the Supporters Forum) around options going forward and those are very much in line with what Exeter and Wasps have done.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Email received this morning on the process for CREDIT/REFUND/DONATE on the remaining matches.

:smt002
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Lets hope there is only very limited refunds. Now is the time to support the club harder than ever.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

One thing that could be great motivator for people wavering is if Peter Tom and/or Tom Scott committed to matching any donation made by the fans. We're more than happy to put our hands into out pocket to help, if they do the same we'll be in a very strong position!
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sk 88 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:51 pm One thing that could be great motivator for people wavering is if Peter Tom and/or Tom Scott committed to matching any donation made by the fans. We're more than happy to put our hands into out pocket to help, if they do the same we'll be in a very strong position!
Why would you expect them to do that. Certainly Peter Tom puts in a huge amount of unpaid work in for the club.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:30 pm
sk 88 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:51 pm One thing that could be great motivator for people wavering is if Peter Tom and/or Tom Scott committed to matching any donation made by the fans. We're more than happy to put our hands into out pocket to help, if they do the same we'll be in a very strong position!
Why would you expect them to do that. Certainly Peter Tom puts in a huge amount of unpaid work in for the club.
I was about to post along similar lines. Don't confuse Peter Tom with the billionaire sugar daddies who bank roll other clubs!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Well I don't "expect" it. I think it would be a great motivator for others to follow their lead and would help the club out even more.

Tom Scott owns 40% of the club. When we donate money to the club we are really donating it to him. Many will ask what is he doing to support the club before they put their own money in to sure up his investment.

Peter Tom is very wealthy, the scale we are talking is combined £1.3m for season ticket holders and £2.1m in total possible refunds. These are the guys who own the club, if we as fans donate £600k combined through waived refunds a £600k donation would in no way break the bank for them but would really show great faith, build up huge good will and generate positive publicity.

Spinning the "why should they" line around, why should any of us donate anything to a business whose owners refuse to do the same?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Regarding the wealth of the major shareholders.

Peter Tom is worth £85m
The Murphy bros and family are worth £650m
David Abell £66m
David Wilson £540m
John Bloor £1.2bn

All figures from the Leicester Mercury richlist
I can't find a recent figure for Tom Scott, in 2003 I can see his father valued at £120m, but let's put it this way: He wanted £27m for his stake in Tigers less than a year ago. Along with John Wallace, who I can find out hardly anything at all, they are the top 7 shareholders in the club.

I think a combined donation to match what the normal supporters combined donation ends up being, probably around the £600k mark in total, is a perfectly reasonable idea.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!