If Sarries hadnt been relegated ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: If Sarries hadnt been relegated ?

Post by biffer »

I thought the RFU had said no promotion and relegation, with the exception of where clubs had received punishments for rule breaches. Hence Sarries down, Falcons up, and Yorkshire down, Richmond up. So if we’d been bottom, no change.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Had Tigers less points than Sarries they would've been relegated, Sarries went down for less points as a result of being punished. All leagues have promoted/relegated sides this season, the decisions were published last week eg: In Midland 1 East, Syston promoted with Oundle to Midlands Premier, and Melbourne, Olney, Wellingborough all relegated..
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I second the above comments.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

At the end of the day weve stayed up,by default which doesnt sit right by me and is nothing to celebrate but we have to look forward to next season and hope and pray Borthwick can dig us out of this hole we are in!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm At the end of the day weve stayed up,by default which doesnt sit right by me and is nothing to celebrate but we have to look forward to next season and hope and pray Borthwick can dig us out of this hole we are in!
Exactly this, very lucky. Big improvement still needed.

Spending the last few weeks and the next couple of months watching re-runs of Tigers in Heineken and Premiership finals is only reminding me how good we used to be - i.e. we were hugely disappointed if we didn't win every final. Just winning any single game seems a cause for celebration these days.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm At the end of the day weve stayed up,by default which doesnt sit right by me and is nothing to celebrate but we have to look forward to next season and hope and pray Borthwick can dig us out of this hole we are in!
I don’t think staying up by-default will sit will with the squad or the coaching staff either, but then again coronavirus gives them the opportunity to delve into the what-ifs of whether the season had been continued.

In my view, apart from Saracens’ relegation and Newcastle’s promotion, this season should be a write-off and do the playoffs in August if necessary so that Exeter can win their title but even then it should only be given an asterisk.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Sky reporting that the premiership season has been suspended indefinitely but the intention is to finish the season eventually
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm Sky reporting that the premiership season has been suspended indefinitely but the intention is to finish the season eventually
Edit: https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... -when-safe

Just received the following Email from the Club:

Premiership Rugby has today announced the further postponement of the season in the face of the Coronavirus pandemic.

While our weeks without rugby are obviously disappointing, the health and well-being of our players, staff and supporters is the priority and Premiership Rugby will be guided by health experts as work continues behind the scenes to determine how remaining games can be arranged and the season played to a conclusion at some stage in the future.

Your season ticket, of course, remains valid for any re-arranged fixtures at Welford Road and we look forward to seeing you back at the home of the Tigers as soon as it is possible to do so.

Premiership Rugby’s announcement today also acknowledged that the clubs form a key part in their local communities while recognising the difficulties experienced by all of the individuals and the businesses involved in unprecedented times.

The situation is constantly changing, nationally and globally, but we thank you for your loyal support and co-operation as the club continues to plan how the Tigers can to come out of this situation as strongly as possible afterwards.

We will share any further relevant information as soon as it becomes available.

Stay safe.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.