Tigers on TV today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers on TV today

Post by Ian Cant »

We were at Sarries when Corry got sent off. It was right in front of us and poor Cozza had had enough of the ref not punishing Sarries for a variety of late tackles and cheap shots! At the time I think he had been elbowed to the throat so lashed out: my memory of who he hit is vague; might have been Hilly!!
I’m not sure whether this was also the game where Goode hit a great drop goal at the death only for the ref to say it was “ too high” to be sure; from where we were it was straight through the middle!
Never liked going to Watford and that’s why I’ve said on the forum before that I prefer going to The Allianz.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

This is getting too much like the regular season.......
Last week Ugo Moyne picks 'Quins beating Leicester , this week (5/4/20) we have Lawrence Dallaglio with Wasps beating Leicester in the Heineken Cup.
Just where are Ben Kay and Austin Healey when you need them ? :smt001
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Listening to Dallaglio "commentate" on that match, telling us who brilliant all his mates were and his co-commentator the whole time was pretty painful. I muted it after 15 minutes.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Sunday 11th April:
Leicesters Heineken Cup Victories (Austin Healey provides 'commentary') 2001 & 2002.
Happier times.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

An alert email from Premiership Rugby - BT Sport have two Tigers matches on today;
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/enjoy-sundays-bt-sport-triple-bill?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=week_4__friday_fix+Split-A&utm_content=2020-04-17 wrote:This Sunday BT Sport are delivering a feast of rugby for their subscribers, which means your afternoon and early evening viewing is already sorted! Just pull up a chair and have your life full of top-flight rugby again.

The coverage kicks off at 2.30pm on BT Sport 1 with the latest episode of the unmissable Rugby Today. This time Martin Bayfield is joined by Lawrence Dallaglio, Ben Kay and Ugo Monye to update you on everything that is going on in the world of rugby.

The topical programme is followed by two incredible matches from Premiership and European history.

Nick Mullins and Ben Kay are in the chair as BT Sport start the match action at 4pm on BT Sport 3 by showing you the Premiership Rugby Final 2007 between Leicester Tigers and Gloucester Rugby.

Relive the 60 points in the Twickenham sunshine as Leicester Tigers produced one of the definitive performances in any Premiership Rugby Final, which took the Tigers to their first domestic Double.

At 5.30pm also on BT Sport 3, BT Sport delve into the archives to find another great day for the Leicester Tigers and a piece of rugby history that has stayed long in the memory of those who saw it the first time around.

This time BT Sport take us to the Millennium Stadium for the Heineken Cup semi-final 2008-09 between Leicester Tigers and Cardiff Blues, that ended with one of the most dramatic conclusions of any match in rugby history. The match was settled by a place-kicking competition that allowed Jordan Crane to write his name in large letters in Tigers folklore.

Before we get to Sensational Sunday, BT Sport are also showing the Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final 2019, between Exeter Chiefs and Saracens at on Friday (17 April), kicking off at 1.30pm. Relive one of the great Finals and watch again as Saracens overturn an 11-point deficit to beat the Chiefs in a thrilling match at Twickenham Stadium.

That Heineken Cup campaign was brilliant - and it was a superb day in Cardiff, especially sat amongst the Blues fans :)

On a related note, i'd love to see the Tigers vs Sale match from 2009. What an absolute beauty that was. The one where Andrew Sheridan missed, and Julian White didnt!
#48 FTW :)
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

LessThanSte wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:28 am An alert email from Premiership Rugby - BT Sport have two Tigers matches on today;
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/enjoy-sundays-bt-sport-triple-bill?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=week_4__friday_fix+Split-A&utm_content=2020-04-17 wrote:This Sunday BT Sport are delivering a feast of rugby for their subscribers, which means your afternoon and early evening viewing is already sorted! Just pull up a chair and have your life full of top-flight rugby again.

The coverage kicks off at 2.30pm on BT Sport 1 with the latest episode of the unmissable Rugby Today. This time Martin Bayfield is joined by Lawrence Dallaglio, Ben Kay and Ugo Monye to update you on everything that is going on in the world of rugby.

The topical programme is followed by two incredible matches from Premiership and European history.

Nick Mullins and Ben Kay are in the chair as BT Sport start the match action at 4pm on BT Sport 3 by showing you the Premiership Rugby Final 2007 between Leicester Tigers and Gloucester Rugby.

Relive the 60 points in the Twickenham sunshine as Leicester Tigers produced one of the definitive performances in any Premiership Rugby Final, which took the Tigers to their first domestic Double.

At 5.30pm also on BT Sport 3, BT Sport delve into the archives to find another great day for the Leicester Tigers and a piece of rugby history that has stayed long in the memory of those who saw it the first time around.

This time BT Sport take us to the Millennium Stadium for the Heineken Cup semi-final 2008-09 between Leicester Tigers and Cardiff Blues, that ended with one of the most dramatic conclusions of any match in rugby history. The match was settled by a place-kicking competition that allowed Jordan Crane to write his name in large letters in Tigers folklore.

Before we get to Sensational Sunday, BT Sport are also showing the Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final 2019, between Exeter Chiefs and Saracens at on Friday (17 April), kicking off at 1.30pm. Relive one of the great Finals and watch again as Saracens overturn an 11-point deficit to beat the Chiefs in a thrilling match at Twickenham Stadium.

That Heineken Cup campaign was brilliant - and it was a superb day in Cardiff, especially sat amongst the Blues fans :)

On a related note, i'd love to see the Tigers vs Sale match from 2009. What an absolute beauty that was. The one where Andrew Sheridan missed, and Julian White didnt!

Another decent Sunday , following on from last weeks viewing.....
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 am Listening to Dallaglio "commentate" on that match, telling us who brilliant all his mates were and his co-commentator the whole time was pretty painful. I muted it after 15 minutes.
Surprised it took you that long Tiglon. I've usually muted him within 15 nanoseconds. :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Ah, the final vs Gloucester on TV yesterday. Fantastic to watch again. I must admit, I was there and we weren't convinced about the Frank Murphy try right at the beginning. That really set us up. Alex Tuilagi superb along with Rabeni. Sadly missed. Great win though, absolutely battered Gloucester. Some good insight from Kay, the Howard speech in the changing room, Buxton broke his hand early on apparently .
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Interesting side issue on the Cardiff Blues Heineken cup semi is that today it was announced that one of its participants finally hung up his boots. Longevity:
Ma'ama Molitika
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52358769
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:09 pm Interesting side issue on the Cardiff Blues Heineken cup semi is that today it was announced that one of its participants finally hung up his boots. Longevity:
Ma'ama Molitika
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52358769
That was a cracking game as well. Forgot how far ahead we were and the drama of the Blues comeback with that brilliant try to level it up. Again, interesting to hear Kay's comments about how annoyed he was that the game was going to be settled by penalty kicks and that it didn't feel like a win.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I'd really like to see the 'Hartley' final, very fond memories of that game. Totally changed my opinion of Wayne Barnes
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

northerntiger wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:36 pm I'd really like to see the 'Hartley' final, very fond memories of that game. Totally changed my opinion of Wayne Barnes
I remember the first half very well. My son and I had managed to smuggle a litre of home-made sloe gin into the stadium so the second half.......not quite as sharp memory-wise! :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Always nice to give stains a walloping :smt003
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:46 pm Always nice to give stains a walloping :smt003
Cant remember the last one,its mostly us getting embarrassed as of late!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:14 pm
ay2oh wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:46 pm Always nice to give stains a walloping :smt003
Cant remember the last one,its mostly us getting embarrassed as of late!
You can’t remember the 2013 final? Were you under the age of 8 in 2013?
Last edited by TigerBoy1880 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.