Tigers on TV today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tigers on TV today

Post by teds »

Ugo Monye has tweeted that BT Sports are showing a couple of Quins’ “classic” rugby matches this afternoon.
Second one is against Tigers.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers on TV today

Post by Noggs »

Thanks for the heads up :smt001
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Listed as the 2012 Prem Final.

Well, you didn't think Monye would pick a match that Quins lost, would you?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

The best one was the one that was played in the league at The Stoop about a month earlier than the cup final. Great game even though my wife and I were sat right behind the posts where poor Tom Croft was so seriously injured.
Take Tom’s injury out and it was a fantastic game of rugby.
At Twickers Thomas The Tank’s harsh yellow was a decisive moment but admit it was the greatest game Robshaw played.
When Anthony Allen scored the late try the Quins’ fans sat near us became very nervous!
Those were the days. Semi Finals and Twickers year after year!
Last edited by Ian Cant on Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 am The best one was the one that was played in the league at The Stoop about a month earlier than the cup final. Great game even though my wife and I were sat right behind the posts where poor Tom Croft was so seriously injured.
Take Tom’s injury out and it was a fantastic game of rugby.
At Twickers Thomas The Tank’s harsh yellow was a decisive moment but admit it was the greatest game Rodber played.
When Anthony Allen scored the late try the Quins’ fans sat near us became very nervous!
Those were the days. Semi Finals and Twickers year after year!
I think you mean Robshaw, Ian. As I'm sure we all recall Rodber was the permanently offside at the breakdown Saints back rower :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Thanks: at the time I was typing my dear wife was choosing her “Fit Looking “ Best Tigers’ team from 2000-2020 and mentioned Corry so I remembered him lamping Rodber one at a lineout at Welford Road v Saints. As you can see I realised my mistake after pressing submit to then put Robshaw. Must concentrate better!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

who was it that decked Rodber on the 22 at the WR end and then didn't wait to be sent off - just walked off with Rodber still out on the ground? I always thought it was Cozzer but was corrected and now can't remember the correction
Hehehehehehehehe
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Trendy I believe I recall the incident you mean. If it's the one I recall it was at a lineout and I Cozza decked one of the opposition locks.

He also received another red card against the Saints in what was a very "tasty" encounter in 1998 which finished 15 all. Report on that from the Independent below.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 49078.html

Correction. The other red card I remember him receiving was not against Saints. It was away at Sarries in 2005. I believe the report above refers to the incident you mention Trendy.

I'm not sure but I believe he may have incurred at least one more. Those better informed could probably advise.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Voice OTC - that made great reading thank you, especially this line: "...Morrison was later insistent that Corry had been dismissed for throwing a punch. That being the case then the Leicester captain Martin Johnson was lucky to have stayed on in the third minute" The greatest leader :smt023
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 am who was it that decked Rodber on the 22 at the WR end and then didn't wait to be sent off - just walked off with Rodber still out on the ground? I always thought it was Cozzer but was corrected and now can't remember the correction
Rodber threw several poor bunch and went down like a sack of spuds with one from Corry...he was off the pitch before the card came out
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Cozza, definitely from the school of act first, repent later.
The image of him holding Dayglo by the throat is a classic.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

daktari wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 am
trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 am who was it that decked Rodber on the 22 at the WR end and then didn't wait to be sent off - just walked off with Rodber still out on the ground? I always thought it was Cozzer but was corrected and now can't remember the correction
Rodber threw several poor bunch and went down like a sack of spuds with one from Corry...he was off the pitch before the card came out
Just like Sheridan when Farmer Jules put him down with one punch.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:17 pm Cozza, definitely from the school of act first, repent later.
The image of him holding Dayglo by the throat is a classic.
One of those moments when the whole terrace is thinking "go on Cozza". Fortunately he didn't.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:19 pm
daktari wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 am
Just like Sheridan when Farmer Jules put him down with one punch.
A genuine classic!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

It wasn't Rodber that Corry floored, it was the other Saints lock who had thrown several punches at Healey but failed to connect with any of them.

At the time Rodber was having handbags with Backy