Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

A bit of scandal in non rugby times...

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hears.html

I am the first to admit that i really dislike the bloke. His commentary grates me and his Anti Tigers bias is something out of this world, however, this was his money, not called to give evidence, so why plaster his mug all over the paper? Englands Ex captian from 1999 is hardly news and not really in the public interest.
I understand that sex sells, but with times like this surley this usually pro Rugby paper do some positive postings, like which players are doing charity work or helping out?
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Lutontiger

Re: A bit of scandal in non rugby times...

Post by Lutontiger »

No comment on the scandal, but as regards the Daily Mail being a good rugby paper... I like the photo seen recently of a supermarket’s toilet paper aisle stocked with - you got it - the Mail 😋
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I also dislike his one eyed commentary but hey, everyone needs a hobby.

I'll get me coat...... :smt006
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

It might not be...women...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Get a grip it’s wrong if it’s men or women.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:54 pm Get a grip it’s wrong if it’s men or women.
True but it was also 20 years ago. As annoying and pro Wasps that he is in everything he says and does this was 20 years ago.
If it was a Tigers player of similar standing in the game from 20 years back we would all be saying why has this been dug up.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:03 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:54 pm Get a grip it’s wrong if it’s men or women.
True but it was also 20 years ago. As annoying and pro Wasps that he is in everything he says and does this was 20 years ago.
If it was a Tigers player of similar standing in the game from 20 years back we would all be saying why has this been dug up.
The allegations relate to him visiting a brothel in London in March last year. This isn't the same thing as last time though the article does drag that up at the end.

Bit of a slow news week.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Maybe he was thinking of converting from back row to front row and was trying to learn about hookers. :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:48 pm
The allegations relate to him visiting a brothel in London in March last year. This isn't the same thing as last time though the article does drag that up at the end.

Bit of a slow news week.
Thanks Sam saw the headlines didn’t read in detail
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:49 pm Maybe he was thinking of converting from back row to front row and was trying to learn about hookers. :smt003
[knee slap]
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It's wrong whether it was 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago, the Snail will reporting on a police investigation in an institution that has since been closed. This has nothing to do with Dallaglio I would have said the same for any player.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

..worth a chuckle , but in the big scheme of things......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JP14 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:44 am
It's wrong whether it was 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago, the Snail will reporting on a police investigation in an institution that has since been closed. This has nothing to do with Dallaglio I would have said the same for any player.
I'm not sure what part of his behaviour you object so strongly to but it seems the RFU would agree with you while the police and CPS wouldn't.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:48 pm .....

Bit of a slow news week.
Without looking too hard, the Torygraph and the Bun had this story as well.

I’m certain that the availability of marching powder at the said establishment played no part in Lolly’s alleged patronage of it!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hears.html

I am the first to admit that i really dislike the bloke. His commentary grates me and his Anti Tigers bias is something out of this world, however, this was his money, not called to give evidence, so why plaster his mug all over the paper? Englands Ex captian from 1999 is hardly news and not really in the public interest.
I understand that sex sells, but with times like this surley this usually pro Rugby paper do some positive postings, like which players are doing charity work or helping out?
mmm this sounds familiar to a certain ex-England captain, now who could that have been???
God created rugby so footballers have heros too