Ealing threatening legal action

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing threatening legal action

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:35 am If I were Sarries I would just take the relegation, the release of players on loan or signing elsewhere indicates the squad believe they’re being relegated.
Agree with you JP the issue would be I expect, who if anyone comes up to replace them, especially taking into account Newcastle’s current financial plight.
Might we see an 11 team premiership and a 13 team championship for the next season
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 pm If I remember correctly, the RFU ruled that Saracens "WILL be relegated" and presumably, nothing that has happened subsequently will/can alter that.
This is correct.Without diverging too much away from the topic Saracens relegation is a fait accompli.
Presented with a backs to the wall choice of opening their books to a full and forensic examination or be relegated they opted for the latter ; Next season, however and whenever they will be playing in the championship (whatever its form may be).
Both Club and players alike accept the inevitable , with Alex Sanderson recently quoted as saying that they (Sarries) ' should accept their punishment'.

No legal challenge there , at least.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What happens if 2/3 clubs go bust though?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:22 pm What happens if 2/3 clubs go bust though?
You’re quite right Scott lots of ifs and buts, won’t really be any clearer till all this is over.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:22 pm What happens if 2/3 clubs go bust though?
Do you mean if 2/3 of championship clubs go bust or 2/3 of premiership clubs?
Either way it’s a very good question.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Premiership clubs ted.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Maybe Falcons won’t be financially stable enough to be allowed promotion, Ealing have the money but not the ground and I think the Cornish Pirates new ground hasn’t been built yet. An 11 team premiership is possible, perhaps next year there will be no relegation only promotion.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

No need to think Falcons will be unable to accept promotion on financial grounds, their current plight is partially due to relegation and of course the pandemic. If they survive as a business until the start of next season they will be promoted. Of course like all promoted teams they will be favorites to go down. Many of the Premiership teams are vulnerable at this time particularly the ones with no real assets (not their own ground) as banks require security against loans and independent sugardaddies maybe experiencing cash flow problems in their main businesses and might have to consider carefully before heavily subsidising their hobby.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RFU have now announced Falcons will definitely be promoted and all other leagues will end the season as they currently stand other than the premiership.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 am RFU have now announced Falcons will definitely be promoted and all other leagues will end the season as they currently stand other than the premiership.
And rightly so. :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've heard the premiership are going to just have the playoffs containing the current top 4,fair?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm I've heard the premiership are going to just have the playoffs containing the current top 4,fair?
IMO yes extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary measures .

Play offs would therefore be Exeter v Saints and Sale v Bristol, which I don’t think anyone could disagree with given performances to date.
Going a step further Champions cup would be those 4 plus Wasps and Bath
Challenge Cup would be Quins, Irish, Gloucester, Worcester, Tigers and Falcons

I’m sure some would be disappointed but I think it’s time to bite the bullet and end the uncertainty
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think it’s fair to carry on the Champions and Challenge cups into next season, so start where we left off with the quarterfinals and that in turn reduces game time in a Lions tour year.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:15 pm I think it’s fair to carry on the Champions and Challenge cups into next season, so start where we left off with the quarterfinals and that in turn reduces game time in a Lions tour year.
Problem with sponsorship and tv deals then mate.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:15 pm I think it’s fair to carry on the Champions and Challenge cups into next season, so start where we left off with the quarterfinals and that in turn reduces game time in a Lions tour year.
And the French couldn’t give a stuff about the lions