Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing threatening legal action

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:37 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm I've heard the premiership are going to just have the playoffs containing the current top 4,fair?
IMO yes extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary measures .

Play offs would therefore be Exeter v Saints and Sale v Bristol, which I don’t think anyone could disagree with given performances to date.
Going a step further Champions cup would be those 4 plus Wasps and Bath
Challenge Cup would be Quins, Irish, Gloucester, Worcester, Tigers and Falcons

I’m sure some would be disappointed but I think it’s time to bite the bullet and end the uncertainty
Bath would be delighted with that. They've been fairly awful this season but sneaking into the top 6 on the back of Gloucester imploding will be well received at the Rec. Similarly the Wasps board will be very happy Blackett managed to get a new manager bounce in results.

Problem for a lot of clubs will be the missed games which will cost a couple of million in turnover which many can't afford. BT will be withholding funding from the missing games which will only makes things worse as well.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It may not just be a matter of who gets promoted and who gets relegated once bancrupt clubs have been factored in!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bath have snuck into the Top 6 the last 4 seasons, and really annoying too considering they often play the poorest rugby. With the help of Hatley, the signing of Stuart, Judge & McNally their pack has played pretty well though this season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52133983

At least that's sorted. Can't help thinking that the season would have been declared null and void, like the Women and Scotland - no jokes on that please :smt045 , if it hadn't been for Sarries. Newcastle probably owe them a favour, but it's an ill wind..
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

loretta wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:03 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52133983

At least that's sorted. Can't help thinking that the season would have been declared null and void, like the Women and Scotland - no jokes on that please :smt045 , if it hadn't been for Sarries. Newcastle probably owe them a favour, but it's an ill wind..
It was the right thing to do. It would certainly have been a lot more complicated if Saracens hadn't already been relegated, especially with it being so close at the bottom - I think there may have been legal challenges there!