Ealing threatening legal action

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing threatening legal action

Post by voice of the crumbie »

If they go ahead with this only one thing is certain. Rich lawyers will get even richer.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Huge issue with this is what they do for Newcastle will set a precedent and they will have to do the same for all the leagues below.
Thought I’d look at the lower leagues down to and including level 5 I.e Midlands premiership.

National league 1 - Richmond on top by 7 points, so can be caught.
National league 2 north - Caldy have won the league already
National league 2 south - Taunton top with 101 points, then Tonbridge 98, Redruth 96, Henley 95, so very much a 4 horse race.
Midland Premier - Bournville have won the league already.
London & SE Premier - Both Guernsey and Rochford are top with 100 points, Wimbledon are on 97, so 3 horse race
North Premier - Blaydon on 85, Sandal on 82 and Harrogate on 81 with a game in hand.
South West Premier - Barnstaple on top by 19 points.

So only 2 leagues are already decided, with 1 being fairly safe, the other 4 are still very much in the melting pot.
Are the RFU going to say that the current league positions are the final positions, because I can see there being some very unhappy ambitious clubs if they do
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

With Newcastle asking all players and stuff to take unpaid leave, and with a weak squad as it is, can Newcastle even qualify for promotion? Even if they do I doubt they'll survive.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:35 pm With Newcastle asking all players and stuff to take unpaid leave, and with a weak squad as it is, can Newcastle even qualify for promotion? Even if they do I doubt they'll survive.
My guess is at least one of Wasps, Worcester or Falcons will end up selling their premiership stake in the next 18 months. The RFU are broke so presumably it will be CVC or another club with ambition (Ealing?)

It will be interesting to see who they are allowed to sell to. It would be good to see Coventry in there if Wasps go bust, or a sleeping giant in the North take over Falcons spot at the top table.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

teds wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:44 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:35 pm With Newcastle asking all players and stuff to take unpaid leave, and with a weak squad as it is, can Newcastle even qualify for promotion? Even if they do I doubt they'll survive.
My guess is at least one of Wasps, Worcester or Falcons will end up selling their premiership stake in the next 18 months. The RFU are broke so presumably it will be CVC or another club with ambition (Ealing?)

It will be interesting to see who they are allowed to sell to. It would be good to see Coventry in there if Wasps go bust, or a sleeping giant in the North take over Falcons spot at the top table.
DMP already have the ground
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

After Sale and Newcastle the nearest professional club in the North is Darlington Mowden Park who play in League 1. As far as I’m aware.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:06 pm After Sale and Newcastle the nearest professional club in the North is Darlington Mowden Park who play in League 1. As far as I’m aware.
If the Saudis buy Newcastle United off Mike Ashley, he might have loads of money to invest in the Falcons, £340 million was quoted.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:47 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:06 pm After Sale and Newcastle the nearest professional club in the North is Darlington Mowden Park who play in League 1. As far as I’m aware.
If the Saudis buy Newcastle United off Mike Ashley, he might have loads of money to invest in the Falcons, £340 million was quoted.
Are the Saudis interested in rugby or is that just pure conjecture
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:49 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:47 pm
Are the Saudis interested in rugby or is that just pure conjecture
No, I said the Saudis were interested in Newcastle United, that's football not rugby, it was in the Telegraph this week, I have no idea if Mike Ashley is either, but he might just be interested in rescuing the rugby club, with all that money, his style of management might not be acceptable, but money talks.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Yes but surely no matter how rich you are you would only invest in something that interests you, especially when that team is already losing money as the Falcons are
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm Yes but surely no matter how rich you are you would only invest in something that interests you, especially when that team is already losing money as the Falcons are
Mark you really need to read what I typed, I talked about selling a football club, and then speculated what Mike Asley might do, ie support an ailing rugby club, I didn't say he would do it, but if you were interested in business in the Newcastle Area and suddenly found yourself £340 million richer, do you not think its a possible? I'm sure he could afford a few quid, don't you?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:03 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm Yes but surely no matter how rich you are you would only invest in something that interests you, especially when that team is already losing money as the Falcons are
Mark you really need to read what I typed, I talked about selling a football club, and then speculated what Mike Asley might do, ie support an ailing rugby club, I didn't say he would do it, but if you were interested in business in the Newcastle Area and suddenly found yourself £340 million richer, do you not think its a possible? I'm sure he could afford a few quid, don't you?
My apologies I missed the he, and yes I’m sure he could
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BBC reporting that the Scottish domestic season is to be declared null and void
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If I remember correctly, the RFU ruled that Saracens "WILL be relegated" and presumably, nothing that has happened subsequently will/can alter that.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If I were Sarries I would just take the relegation, the release of players on loan or signing elsewhere indicates the squad believe they’re being relegated.