Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Off the market!

Post by RichieB »

Crofty wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:59 am
RichieB wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:39 am I don't know if it is good news or not. I guess the idea outcome would to have found a buyer who shared the same vision etc. If it was £60M, divide by 18,000 (figure plucked from the air based on an approx ave attendance), then that is £3,333 each.

Me and the wife will put in £3,333 each - just 17,998 people left to find.
I like the spirt but bear in mind that none of that first £60M would go into the club's coffers, purchasers would need to put in further funds to have any tangible impact on the club. Not against the idea of fan ownership, but we might need to come up with something clever to make it really kick on...
Could we offer co-investments as well as the cash? I have a spare room and a bit of space in my shed and could provide help, support, guidance and mentoring in financial services.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LFC Plc Announcement - Off the market!

Post by wellstiger »

The BBC suggesting that the sale fell through because
WAIT FOR IT...........
Fears relating to - Brexit and CV19
LOL :smt005 :smt005
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

"Leicester Tigers: Premiership club 'no longer up for sale'
From the section Rugby Union
Share this page
Tigers have not won the league since 2013
Leicester Tigers have not won the domestic title since 2013
Leicester Tigers are no longer up for sale because of a lack of suitable investors and the financial uncertainty caused by Brexit and the coronavirus.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=johnthegriff post_id=738786 time=1584624879 user_id=7213]
The CVC cash had changed circumstances and the Board explored what may be possible and if there could be a benefit to the club. It seems they have ascertained that at this moment there is nothing that will be of benefit, it maybe that the changes to the make-up of the Board signify a difference of opinion among them or it may of course could just be a way of introducing fresh thinking.
[/quote]

You are absolutely right that it was the CVC cash that triggered this episode. The Club received some unsolicited interest and then formally went to the market. Opportunistic!
Looking to benefit the Club maybe, but also benefitting the shareholders!
I guess we will never know what caused the Board changes, and time will tell whether they will prove to be positive for the Club.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LFC Plc Announcement

Post by sk 88 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:54 pm
sk 88 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:16 pm
loretta wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm If, as appears to be the case, the sale was held up by the bidders not having the clubs best interests at heart, I for one would like to thank whoever made that decision. Credit where it's due.
Or, as is far more likely it was not done because of the second half of their sentance where they say "and at a value attractive to shareholders".

Rumours elsewhere of a £40m offer, which would have seen a healthy profit for Mr.Scott (and all other shareholders), but it seems they wanted £60m which was not forth coming.
Well, as majority shareholders, that's their choice. If they want £60 million and no less, then that is entirely their right. If no one offered that amount, then you can't blame them for not accepting.
I have not "blamed them for not accepting", I have queried the belief that the reason a sale was not forthcoming was due to the bidders "not having the clubs best interests at heart".

That is very naive. It's about the money.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:31 pm
loretta wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm If, as appears to be the case, the sale was held up by the bidders not having the clubs best interests at heart, I for one would like to thank whoever made that decision. Credit where it's due.
Or, as is far more likely it was not done because of the second half of their sentance where they say "and at a value attractive to shareholders".

Rumours elsewhere of a £40m offer, which would have seen a healthy profit for Mr.Scott (and all other shareholders), but it seems they wanted £60m which was not forth coming.
Define healthy profit... He'd get 18.4m if they sold at 40m and he paid around 5.5m for 16% of his shareholding. We don't know how much the other 30% cost. He won't have had any dividends whilst he's own the shares so if he wants to hang on for a better deal why not. There's been no consortiums go public with their interest yet so it's hard to say whether we would have been better of if they'd sold or not.
I believe a trebling of value in 10 years is very much a healthy profit.

Remember he received interest on those loans notes of £5.5m for 6 years at approximately £280,000 p.a. or £1.68m. So he has extracted plenty of money out of the club already.

I made no comment on whether he should have accepted that offer, if indeed it existed. Merely that the value was overwhelmingly likely the reason it was rejected rather than any window dressing about "the clubs best interests"
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

sk 88 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:23 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Well, as majority shareholders, that's their choice. If they want £60 million and no less, then that is entirely their right. If no one offered that amount, then you can't blame them for not accepting.
I have not "blamed them for not accepting", I have queried the belief that the reason a sale was not forthcoming was due to the bidders "not having the clubs best interests at heart".

That is very naive. It's about the money.
Whatever the reason, it’s still their choice