Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

LFC Plc Announcement - Off the market!

Post by G.K »

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... erPage=500

No buyers it seems and board changes...
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: LFC Plc Announcement

Post by G.K »

Hopefully with correct link this time.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 65967.html
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Off the market!

Post by Noggs »

I note that the club has announced that none of the interest shown by outside investors in the club were financially attractive to the current shareholders nor deemed to be from persons/organisations who share the ethos of the club and who would necessarily act in the best interests of the club. Hence, we are effectively off the market for now.

For my part I am pleased with this outcome but the question remains for how long we will remain with the status quo?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Off the market!

Post by jgriffin »

Noggs wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 am I note that the club has announced that none of the interest shown by outside investors in the club were financially attractive to the current shareholders nor deemed to be from persons/organisations who share the ethos of the club and who would necessarily act in the best interests of the club. Hence, we are effectively off the market for now.

For my part I am pleased with this outcome but the question remains for how long we will remain with the status quo?
Would be advisable in these turbulent times TBH.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

No great surprise that it has been abandoned. When announced in June last year, it was anticipated to be concluded within a six month time frame. The 'many expressions of interest' have clearly come to nought for reasons we will probably never know (although the figure of £60m banded about is probably high on the list).
Disappointing, and perhaps a tad 'humbling' for the Board to realise that they could not find an investor who matched their aspirations.
As always in these matters, the Brokers and advisors will have done okay out of it.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone trying to buy now would be looking for a bargin price anyway.
Interested to see what Kennedy, Green and Cvetkovic bring to the table though.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Off the market!

Post by RichieB »

I don't know if it is good news or not. I guess the idea outcome would to have found a buyer who shared the same vision etc. If it was £60M, divide by 18,000 (figure plucked from the air based on an approx ave attendance), then that is £3,333 each.

Me and the wife will put in £3,333 each - just 17,998 people left to find.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=RagingBull post_id=738734 time=1584522849 user_id=10459]
Anyone trying to buy now would be looking for a bargin price anyway.
Interested to see what Kennedy, Green and Cvetkovic bring to the table though.
[/quote]

Now, yes, of course, but not necessarily 6-9 months ago.
Agree about the new directors, but it seems as if the power base remains the same - Scott, and Tom.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

“unlikely an offer will materialise... [from someone] who shares the club’s vision of the future and at a value attractive to shareholders.”

I'm wondering if Scott and Tom were of one mind in their view of these two criteria?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

If, as appears to be the case, the sale was held up by the bidders not having the clubs best interests at heart, I for one would like to thank whoever made that decision. Credit where it's due.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RAFPvetTiger

Post by RAFPvetTiger »

If, as appears to be the case, the sale was held up by the bidders not having the clubs best interests at heart, I for one would like to thank whoever made that decision. Credit where it's due.

Well said. +1
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

loretta wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm If, as appears to be the case, the sale was held up by the bidders not having the clubs best interests at heart, I for one would like to thank whoever made that decision. Credit where it's due.
Or, as is far more likely it was not done because of the second half of their sentance where they say "and at a value attractive to shareholders".

Rumours elsewhere of a £40m offer, which would have seen a healthy profit for Mr.Scott (and all other shareholders), but it seems they wanted £60m which was not forth coming.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:16 pm
loretta wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm If, as appears to be the case, the sale was held up by the bidders not having the clubs best interests at heart, I for one would like to thank whoever made that decision. Credit where it's due.
Or, as is far more likely it was not done because of the second half of their sentance where they say "and at a value attractive to shareholders".

Rumours elsewhere of a £40m offer, which would have seen a healthy profit for Mr.Scott (and all other shareholders), but it seems they wanted £60m which was not forth coming.
Define healthy profit... He'd get 18.4m if they sold at 40m and he paid around 5.5m for 16% of his shareholding. We don't know how much the other 30% cost. He won't have had any dividends whilst he's own the shares so if he wants to hang on for a better deal why not. There's been no consortiums go public with their interest yet so it's hard to say whether we would have been better of if they'd sold or not.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Well, as majority shareholders, that's their choice. If they want £60 million and no less, then that is entirely their right. If no one offered that amount, then you can't blame them for not accepting.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

100% agreed