Favourite matches of all time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Favourite matches of all time

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Not really a favourite match as such but seeing the Tom Varndell score earlier..... made me think of this cheeky little number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAUB__Y1j98

Didn't this score sneak us into the top 6 and top tier euro competition :smt017
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

For sheer tension and excitement its got to be the European Semi against Cardiff at the millennium stadium. Well for those amongst us that could watch the penalty shoot out.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm To help pass the time I’m asking the question, “What are your favourite matches of all time?”, either that you saw live or on the box. One of mine was the 2nd Lions’ Test v the Springboks in June ‘97 in Durban where the Lions clinched the series with a Guscott drop goal near the end of the game!! And I was fortunate enough to be there! Another was the Heineken final, Stade Français v Tigers at Parc des Princes! Fabulous game!
2001 European Cup final what a couple of days in Paris and weather to match :smt041
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 pm
Bunchy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:41 pm I remember that whole day so vividly - getting to teagues bar far too early, therefore having for too many Guinness. Then at the game, suffering a lot of football esque treatment from some awful (minority) Glaws fans, then winning with that drop goal and the subsequent winding down of the clock, then getting confronted again in teagues bar by a drunken lout who was taken care of by a few embarrassed Glaws fans who then "insisted" on buying me a lot of Guinness (see the pattern?)

Rounded off by stopping at a petrol station and seeing Tom varndell also there stocking up with snacks for the journey home, which he made with Jordan Crane bizarrely in a white van.......
Ah! Thems were the days!! Hope you weren’t driving 🤫
drive???? I could barely manage a stagger :smt030
Less is more....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:35 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECFZh7mr8c

These? Only highlights though :smt002 :smt023
The comeback, the try from Alesana, the break from Murphy, the drop goal from Goode. What a game!
Here’s to Nadalo scoring a few like Alex! :smt030
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:38 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:35 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECFZh7mr8c

These? Only highlights though :smt002 :smt023
The comeback, the try from Alesana, the break from Murphy, the drop goal from Goode. What a game!
Here’s to Nadalo scoring a few like Alex! :smt030
:smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I have always held a fondness for the European Cup match against Scarlets at the Walkers Stadium in 2007.
My family and I were heading along the road to the stadium and were brought to an abrupt halt whilst one of the row of parked up coaches suddenly emptied a load of Scarlets fans.
With each one glaring at us like we were aliens we all smiled politely back and waited patiently.
My youngest said "they don't look very happy!" as they exited their coach and I replied "they've had a long journey".
After the match as we walked back past the same coach filling up my youngest said "they still don't look very happy, do you think they are not looking forward to the long journey back?" which a number of red shirts around us no doubt heard with a similar amount of green shirts laughing.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 pm I have always held a fondness for the European Cup match against Scarlets at the Walkers Stadium in 2007.
My family and I were heading along the road to the stadium and were brought to an abrupt halt whilst one of the row of parked up coaches suddenly emptied a load of Scarlets fans.
With each one glaring at us like we were aliens we all smiled politely back and waited patiently.
My youngest said "they don't look very happy!" as they exited their coach and I replied "they've had a long journey".
After the match as we walked back past the same coach filling up my youngest said "they still don't look very happy, do you think they are not looking forward to the long journey back?" which a number of red shirts around us no doubt heard with a similar amount of green shirts laughing.
I will always remember being at that game because we were sat next to a guy from Newcastle who had travelled for ages to get to the game and fell asleep at half time!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The Youtube algorithm gave me this:

https://youtu.be/kyOaAY7m9Hc There is little or no music (probably due to copyright) but wow the Speed of Croft, the chugging Waldrom, Youngs at his very best, the power dynamic of Alesana and Manu.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni