Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Should Eddie have been cited?

Post by fleabane »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why- ... 248a28dcbc

Owen Slot in the Times asks the question, giving examples, (including from our own dearly departed Mr Cockerill, himself an offender), of coaches who have publicly criticised referees.

It seems extraordinary to me that Jones has escaped citing. Another example of a rudderless, weak RFU?
Valhalla I am coming!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Should Eddie have been cited?

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

You’re not suggesting the RFU would cite Jones are you? :smt017
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The answer to the original question is no!

It was good to see Eddie back to his old self rather than following the RFU line and trying to be Clive Woodward, who now bores for England..... :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
Soggypitch
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I didn't agree with Eddie Jones comments after the Wales match.
Rather than blaming the officials he should be blaming how the officials are being told to officiate by their gaffers.
Jones got it wrong in my opinion, but then coaches often do when put on the spot without time to consider calm.
No coach should be punished when put under pressure to speak after a match in my opinion, emotions are still too high and the interviewers questions are often baiting.
If I was interviewed during or straight after a Leicester match then it wouldn't sound good.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Have they not Cited because of on going contract negotiations?
Have I missed an announcement?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Eddie has a mighty big problem with his mouth. His ill-chosen words before the game in Paris only served to motivate the opposition - and look what happened! O’Keefe deserved criticism after the Welsh game but Eddie went too far and should’ve been a bit more diplomatic.
Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:32 pm Eddie has a mighty big problem with his mouth. His ill-chosen words before the game in Paris only served to motivate the opposition - and look what happened! O’Keefe deserved criticism after the Welsh game but Eddie went too far and should’ve been a bit more diplomaticac.
From memory, I don't think he gave TV interviews immediately after the French match - perhaps for fear of him over-stepping the mark in the immediate aftermath of a loss. I guess the same risk wasn't properly evaluated post victory over Wales.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Undoubtedly yes, if consistency is applied.Enough said.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....