4 weeks for Manu 10 for Marler

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GETHIN EXILE

Re: 4 weeks for Manu 10 for Marler

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

loretta wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 am
BFG wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm All seems harsh to me, just play on.
The punch from the French lad apart which as it was instigated by some scowling collar grabbing mischief-maker probably warrants two weeks.
Ten weeks just for a bit of fun.
I never thought I'd see Alun Whinge-Jones joining the Me-toos.

He's been compared to Johnno in the past, can you imagine?

Johnno would probably have hit him or the rest of the pack trampled him at the next breakdown, we don't want to return to the old ways do we?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:29 pm
loretta wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 am
BFG wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm All seems harsh to me, just play on.
The punch from the French lad apart which as it was instigated by some scowling collar grabbing mischief-maker probably warrants two weeks.
Ten weeks just for a bit of fun.
I never thought I'd see Alun Whinge-Jones joining the Me-toos.

He's been compared to Johnno in the past, can you imagine?

Johnno would probably have hit him or the rest of the pack trampled him at the next breakdown, we don't want to return to the old ways do we?
Hmmm, I wonder......
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Will the suspensions be affected by the league’s enforced break?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Marler is allowed to serve his ban during this virus break,I trust it's the same for Manu then!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:24 am Marler is allowed to serve his ban during this virus break,I trust it's the same for Manu then!
England centre Manu Tuilagi has already completed a four-week ban for a dangerous tackle on George North in the same game. That ban expired on April 14.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... s-shutdown
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

That’s good news, I guess. Yes it’s not technically right but at the moment not playing rugby because of coronavirus is a punishment in itself.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:21 am That’s good news, I guess. Yes it’s not technically right but at the moment not playing rugby because of coronavirus is a punishment in itself.
NOBODY is playing rugby now!

The idea of a ban is to remove the player from playing for the stated period, and to punish the player, and by association the club.

The bans for Marler and Manu should now be calculated from when the Premiership restarts, taking into account “time already served” before rugby stopped.
Valhalla I am coming!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

fleabane wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:18 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:21 am That’s good news, I guess. Yes it’s not technically right but at the moment not playing rugby because of coronavirus is a punishment in itself.

The idea of a ban is to remove the player from playing for the stated period, and to punish the player, and by association the club.

The bans for Marler and Manu should now be calculated from when the Premiership restarts, taking into account “time already served” before rugby stopped.
The bans were imposed by the Six Nations disciplinary panel and under the Six Nations rules they cannot be changed apparently. Tom Youngs will still have to serve the remainder of his ban as far as I am aware.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Really? I wasn't aware of that.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:32 pm

The bans were imposed by the Six Nations disciplinary panel and under the Six Nations rules they cannot be changed apparently. Tom Youngs will still have to serve the remainder of his ban as far as I am aware.
I'am not sure if you are correct on that about Tom Youngs 4 week ban as the RFU verdict states that Tom is free to play on 24th March 2020 and should be available alongside Manu. :smt023
Attached RFU Disciplinary verdict.
https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/82/8 ... final).pdf
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I think this proves something needs to change, in football you are banned for games not time, linked to that competition, surely Rugby should look for something similar.
Imagine if Calum "Thug" Clark had benefited during his ban for assaulting Rob Hawkins.

If a player was banned for doping would that be the same?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wormus wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:07 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:32 pm

I'am not sure if you are correct on that about Tom Youngs 4 week ban as the RFU verdict states that Tom is free to play on 24th March 2020 and should be available alongside Manu. :smt023
Attached RFU Disciplinary verdict.
https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/82/8 ... final).pdf
Tom Youngs was banned by Premiership Rugbys disciplinary panel which differs to Manu and Jo Marler.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52424599
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk