Will games get cancelled?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Will games get cancelled?

Post by Scott1 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm It is my understanding that they have been automatically relegated so what happens this season is irrelevant they will go down.
Unless I am completely misunderstanding you
Obviously havnt read the whole back and forth. I'll leave it at that.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am Yes Italy’s response was slow and not expansive enough. We have ignored that and are doing even less. Avoiding infection is highly unlikely the game is to spread the peak over several weeks or months in the hope our critical services are not overwhelmed. That is done by reducing contact. It’s here to stay but if the doubling rate is left to remain at 4 days by inaction then it isn’t many cycles when more than half the population is infected and our health services have no hope of coping
It's not being ignored though.
The advice is very loud and simple, even I have seen it and I watch very little television.
If you go have new continuous cough or high fever then stay at home for seven days and keep three steps away from anyone, if it then gets worse or no better seek medical advice.
Put responsibly into practice it'll do the same as restrictions.
It'll only spread rapidly if people are irresponsible.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm It is my understanding that they have been automatically relegated so what happens this season is irrelevant they will go down.
Unless I am completely misunderstanding you
Obviously havnt read the whole back and forth. I'll leave it at that.
What am I missing
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

There are set competition rules for any games that are not played - someone can dig them out if they really want to. It will be unsatisfactory for everyone involved if no other game gets played this season but talk of Sarries escaping relegation is completely made up.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wales v Scotland now off
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:03 pm
chewbacca wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am Yes Italy’s response was slow and not expansive enough. We have ignored that and are doing even less. Avoiding infection is highly unlikely the game is to spread the peak over several weeks or months in the hope our critical services are not overwhelmed. That is done by reducing contact. It’s here to stay but if the doubling rate is left to remain at 4 days by inaction then it isn’t many cycles when more than half the population is infected and our health services have no hope of coping
The advice is very loud and simple, even I have seen it and I watch very little television.
If you go have new continuous cough or high fever then stay at home for seven days and keep three steps away from anyone, if it then gets worse or no better seek medical advice.
If you are symptomatic then please behave responsibly. If you are asymptomatic, but still infectious, then feel free to pass it on.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So is it as simple as Sarries get relegated,Newcastle get promoted and GP teams qualify for the European competition according to the positions they are in now?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:45 pm So is it as simple as Sarries get relegated,Newcastle get promoted and GP teams qualify for the European competition according to the positions they are in now?
Totally agree but as that would be to sensible the old Fa+ts will not let it happen

Can't really see much rugby being played for the rest this season
Hehehehehehehehe
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:45 pm So is it as simple as Sarries get relegated,Newcastle get promoted and GP teams qualify for the European competition according to the positions they are in now?
If no more games were to be played I can’t see any alternative. Qualification for the 2 European competitions would be as per the current league table too
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Assuming games go on hold for a couple of weeks until the start of the April, I'm wondering how this will impact Manu and his ban given that he can start playing again from the middle of next month?
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Problem is we are only just in the foothills of disease onset. Actual epidemiologists and virologists predict late April May peak and no real respite. Problem is this has a mutation or 'cleft' on part of the RNA that is only seen on virulent strains according to the sequencing report. So we could be seeing no rugby for three or four months. This could mean bye bye to Wasps unless their creditors hold off and will have serious financial consequences for the rest.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:38 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:03 pm
If you are symptomatic then please behave responsibly. If you are asymptomatic, but still infectious, then feel free to pass it on.
Yep you're quite right.
Trust is being put in people of which some just can't be trusted.
Two boys were sent home from a school for a period of seven days for persistently coughing which they later admitted to their friends was done on purpose to get a week off school.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:24 pm Closing schools is dumb as our government has recognised thank goodness. Children seem to only get a mild illness (there have been zero fatalities in the 9 and under age group) and, if parents are working, these children are likely to go to Grandparents thus putting the most vulnerable at risk.
Good point. :smt023
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Sundays final now postponed
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Personally I think that the SRU should be very annoyed with the WRU for cancelling the match so late meaning all the away fans are in Cardiff already. The Government should be on their backs too, considering the risk of infection, higher I’d argue than being together in the Millennium, that has been caused by the multitude of Scots meandering around the Welsh capital until their train ride home.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni