Will games get cancelled?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Will games get cancelled?

Post by LE18 »

I've just cancelled my Exeter hotel booking, not sure if I will get a refund, doubt it, paying for things upfront is not good! Match only postponed so match tickets still valid, T & Cs say No refunds anyway, so bit of an expensive weekend down the pad, oh well, at 77, i'm best off staying home.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:03 pm I've just cancelled my Exeter hotel booking, not sure if I will get a refund, doubt it, paying for things upfront is not good! Match only postponed so match tickets still valid, T & Cs say No refunds anyway, so bit of an expensive weekend down the pad, oh well, at 77, i'm best off staying home.
If you paid by Credit Card might be worth a conversation with your provider about a possible claim. Some are good, others not so and current circumstances may be forcing a more hard-nosed approach.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:09 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:03 pm I've just cancelled my Exeter hotel booking, not sure if I will get a refund, doubt it, paying for things upfront is not good! Match only postponed so match tickets still valid, T & Cs say No refunds anyway, so bit of an expensive weekend down the pad, oh well, at 77, i'm best off staying home.
If you paid by Credit Card might be worth a conversation with your provider about a possible claim. Some are good, others not so and current circumstances may be forcing a more hard-nosed approach.
Yes I did, thanks for the info, I will wait a couple of days to see if any refund is forthcoming.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kornboy130 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:52 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:46 pm I appreciate that the age demographic of this forum means a lot of posters are concerned about their health however when the Chief Medical Officer amongst other officials clearly express that the lockdown of areas like schools is not beneficial then I don’t see the necessity in the prolonged postponement of the league for more than four weeks.
Apologies if this has been responded to but if you don't think that schools are going to close imminently or that the mitigation strategy which was largely shouted down globally was mislead then this picture will change in the coming days.

FWIW the previous strategy suggested over 250,000 dead at the last time of asking. We can go without a bit of sport for this period.
I’m aware an extended Easter break is being touted but they shouldn’t be a prolonged closure of schools, it is where kids are safest and it enables kids on free school meals to be fed too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

At least you got to see an exciting 0-0 draw
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:58 pm
At least you got to see an exciting 0-0 draw
As a few on here might say, we didn't loose! Makes you cringe! Ouch! :smt022