Oh dear, Mr Rowe...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Oh dear, Mr Rowe...

Post by Longshanks »

Bearing in mind Rowe's comment about Exeter Chiefs not being a charity, that shouldn't stop the Club acting charitably, should it? Or is this just for show?
Last edited by Longshanks on Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:01 pm Bearing in mind Rowe's comment about Exeter Chiefs not being a charity, that shouldn't stop the Club acting charitably, should it? Or is this just for show?
Just for show Lambshanks, Tony Rowe I am advised by an Exeter friend is "Just in it for himself and a knighthood!" If the answer is Tony Rowe then you really are asking the wrong question. Yes I do feel sorry for those hardworking FlyBe employees from their head office in Exeter and the RFC should have reallocated match tickets for them, who knows the way Tigers are playing then there may be spare ground capacity for FlyBers!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm
Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:01 pm Bearing in mind Rowe's comment about Exeter Chiefs not being a charity, that shouldn't stop the Club acting charitably, should it? Or is this just for show?
Just for show Lambshanks, Tony Rowe I am advised by an Exeter friend is "Just in it for himself and a knighthood!" If the answer is Tony Rowe then you really are asking the wrong question. Yes I do feel sorry for those hardworking FlyBe employees from their head office in Exeter and the RFC should have reallocated match tickets for them, who knows the way Tigers are playing then there may be spare ground capacity for FlyBers!
Current employee once described Rowe to me as 'typical Napoleon syndrome'.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:19 pm
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:34 pm
Current employee once described Rowe to me as 'typical Napoleon syndrome'.
Seems like a strange partnership with Rob Baxter (unless his public persona is very misleading).
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:46 am Tony Rowe is not known as Mr Sensitive down in Exe.
Nonsense. Click bait at it's best here. Having played for the Exeter Academy and Exeter Utd (as it was in the early '00s) I can tell you that Tony attended games and is well loved in Exeter rugby circles. His passion for the game and the club is unparalleled and I suspect that no one in this forum has complete knowledge of this non-story. Some of this keyboard warrior stuff against a genuine gentleman of the game is typical of social media. "Everyone has a right to an opinion and what's better everyone has a right to air it!"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

hooking_king wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 am
jgriffin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:46 am Tony Rowe is not known as Mr Sensitive down in Exe.
Nonsense. Click bait at it's best here. Having played for the Exeter Academy and Exeter Utd (as it was in the early '00s) I can tell you that Tony attended games and is well loved in Exeter rugby circles. His passion for the game and the club is unparalleled and I suspect that no one in this forum has complete knowledge of this non-story. Some of this keyboard warrior stuff against a genuine gentleman of the game is typical of social media. "Everyone has a right to an opinion and what's better everyone has a right to air it!"
Weird though isn't it that there are several in Exeter who will attest to his egocentric behaviour (and before you dismiss me as just a keyboard warrior, two of my siblings live across the bridge from the ground, are STHs, and count current and former employees and players in their social circle).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:39 am
Weird though isn't it that there are several in Exeter who will attest to his egocentric behaviour (and before you dismiss me as just a keyboard warrior, two of my siblings live across the bridge from the ground, are STHs, and count current and former employees and players in their social circle).
I comment only on some of the unnecessarily unkind comments that appear in threads like these (and on all social media platforms) that are only based on opinion rather than fact. Rob Baxter was my coach at University and I'm still in touch with him - I still wouldn't quote any of his views as my own on a message board or, use that relationship to give me credibility because it's irrelevant...as is this whole thread about a non-story!! Perhaps it should be re-worded as "Oh Dear, FlyBe management". HK - OUT.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

hooking_king wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:06 am
jgriffin wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:39 am

I comment only on some of the unnecessarily unkind comments that appear in threads like these (and on all social media platforms) that are only based on opinion rather than fact. Rob Baxter was my coach at University and I'm still in touch with him - I still wouldn't quote any of his views as my own on a message board or, use that relationship to give me credibility because it's irrelevant...as is this whole thread about a non-story!! Perhaps it should be re-worded as "Oh Dear, FlyBe management". HK - OUT.
Baxter is a different matter, uniformly positive reports from Exe, only pressure on him comes from a few posh fans/investors over silverware. A genuine rugby bloke.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95