Exeter Chiefs - 21 March at Sandy Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter Chiefs - 21 March at Sandy Park

Post by jgriffin »

A substantial portion of the next home crowd will be over 60 (including me). Not a wet-leg moment yet, but...... :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:28 pm A substantial portion of the next home crowd will be over 60 (including me). Not a wet-leg moment yet, but...... :smt009
As of this Wednesday that will include me too, although I am not expecting too much to change. A bit like an old car.... it's not the years but the mileage that counts.
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Medics are saying that we are 7 days behind Italy in the Coronavirus cycle, and it’s also being reported that within 7- 10 the government will be asking people with even the smallest symptom to self isolate.
If this happens I think the best we can hope for is the game to be played behind closed doors
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 pm Medics are saying that we are 7 days behind Italy in the Coronavirus cycle, and it’s also being reported that within 7- 10 the government will be asking people with even the smallest symptom to self isolate.
If this happens I think the best we can hope for is the game to be played behind closed doors
If played behind closed doors, would the ticket money be refunded? If the match goes ahead as planned, would Chiefs refund me if I asked now, my 2 tickets cost £92, some time ago. Is there any method of selling them on?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

LE18 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:56 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 pm Medics are saying that we are 7 days behind Italy in the Coronavirus cycle, and it’s also being reported that within 7- 10 the government will be asking people with even the smallest symptom to self isolate.
If played behind closed doors, would the ticket money be refunded? If the match goes ahead as planned, would Chiefs refund me if I asked now, my 2 tickets cost £92, some time ago. Is there any method of selling them on?
Tony Rowe has stated today "Exeter and himself are not a charity!" so doubt refunds are available, I am in the same situation with my Exeter ticket.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

If you buy tickets for an event and that event does not take place you are entitled to a return. If the match is postponed then your tickets are transferred to the new date, if you cannot make the new date then you depend on the goodwill of the organisers. If played behind closed doors then I assume that counts as cancelled.
I don't see why being a certain age means you have to isolate yourself, this virus is less than seasonal flu, when you reach senior status you have less time available to enjoy yourself so don't give in get out there and have fun, even during the last few seasons I have enjoyed watching the Tigers and being with other people, its much better than daytime TV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am If you buy tickets for an event and that event does not take place you are entitled to a return. If the match is postponed then your tickets are transferred to the new date, if you cannot make the new date then you depend on the goodwill of the organisers. If played behind closed doors then I assume that counts as cancelled.
I don't see why being a certain age means you have to isolate yourself, this virus is less than seasonal flu, when you reach senior status you have less time available to enjoy yourself so don't give in get out there and have fun, even during the last few seasons I have enjoyed watching the Tigers and being with other people, its much better than daytime TV.
Totally agree that people should try and carry on as normal, it’s more what the government decide in case of self isolation and the postponement of events
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am I don't see why being a certain age means you have to isolate yourself, this virus is less than seasonal flu,
Excepting of course that there is a vaccine for seasonal flu in this country and as with flu lots of interpersonal contact is a great way of spreading it. Of course if you can rely on those who are unwell to be responsible and isolate themselves then the risks are lessened. Unfortunately people tend to be less responsible than that.
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:46 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am I don't see why being a certain age means you have to isolate yourself, this virus is less than seasonal flu,
Excepting of course that there is a vaccine for seasonal flu in this country and as with flu lots of interpersonal contact is a great way of spreading it. Of course if you can rely on those who are unwell to be responsible and isolate themselves then the risks are lessened. Unfortunately people tend to be less responsible than that.
The base death rate is 3% and Italy peaking at 3, up to 9%, common flu is less than 1%.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm
The base death rate is 3% and Italy peaking at 3, up to 9%, common flu is less than 1%.
Now Im confused. A death rate between 3 and 9 times that of common flu makes it less than seasonal flu?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am If you buy tickets for an event and that event does not take place you are entitled to a return. If the match is postponed then your tickets are transferred to the new date, if you cannot make the new date then you depend on the goodwill of the organisers. If played behind closed doors then I assume that counts as cancelled.
Thanks John for this, I would normally agree with you, but I have preconditions, ie chest problems and Type 2 Diabetes. When I booked this sometime ago, the Virus problem was only just being mentioned in China, my wife and I were looking forward to the Match and our overnight stay, and now I am having serious doubts about going.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:19 pm
jgriffin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm
Now Im confused. A death rate between 3 and 9 times that of common flu makes it less than seasonal flu?
A base rate of 3% makes it over 3 times as lethal, and Italy has a horrendous death rate at peak i.e. 9%. the average is expected to be around 3-4% currently, mostly people with existing conditions. Common flu is less than 1%.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Hi jgriffin, Yes I think my confusion was your statement that "this virus is less than seasonal flu" in your original post which seemed to be contradicted by the relative death rates.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:09 am Hi jgriffin, Yes I think my confusion was your statement that "this virus is less than seasonal flu" in your original post which seemed to be contradicted by the relative death rates.
If you calculated by infection - an unknown due to subclinical cases - COVID19 is 1% probably, common flu 0.001% or similar.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Reading Chief's T & C regarding sale of Tickets and cancellations, these say no refunds. Will the fact that the Government has banned games, is there any chance of getting a refund?